Ratings for Dr. S. Ouellette

I've been seeing Dr. Ouellette for over 10 years and think she is excellent. She is very honest, direct and does not pull any punches (most people do not like that but I prefer it) and knows her stuff. She will also call you out if you do not follow directions (like losing weight). She has always explained everything well and answered any questions I had.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Worst doctor I have ever had, and a very rude receptionist. I transferred to a different doctor as I refuse to be treated treated like that.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I was diagnosed in 2014 with RA. After many tests and referrals prior. I had researched these sites and this one in particular and found very negative reviews. After a couple years of meetings with her and her follow ups and strict testing I had a dislike in the beginning. I developed a friendship and honest evaluation of my particular situation. This is what I liked and appreciate about her. She tells you straight up without sugar coating. Some people don't like to hear the truth about the way they are living and how it affects their condition, so they have to blame someone and this is their way. I have only positive things to say about this Doctor

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Worst Dr ever!!! Very rude, heartless, and totally uneducated on Ankylosing spondylitis. I have been to her twice and will never go back, most ignorant person ive ever met. She informed me my family DR and previous rhumy were liars and has no intent of helping anyone.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

The first time I met this doctor she introduced herself and then stated, "this is the way I do things. I'll ask the questions, you will give the answers." Well that was almost 5 years ago and she has certainly stuck to this rule because you can't ask any questions about your condition. She is actually one of the rudest human beings I have ever encountered. Acts like someone who is carrying around a Hugh chip on her shoulder. I would not recommend this doctor. Your clinic visits and insults from this lady will be more painful than your condition.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I would say that she is probably on the autism spectrum -- focused on her rules for diagnosis and treatment, she hasn't shown any concern for pain or evident suffering. Delivered my diagnosis nonchalantly, as if it were something I had previously been told or suspected. She may be up to date on treatment guidelines, but not treating patients. There's a difference.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Well...I was seen by Dr Ouellette 3 times decided not to go online to check reviews because I wanted to see for myself what kind of Dr she was..well I should've it would've saved me a lot of frustration. My first visit with her was great I felt that she was listening to me & that it would lead to a diagnosis. She sent me for more blood work, X-rays a follow appointment in a month, prescribed medications (just enough for 2 weeks so when my phamarcist pointed that out to me I called right but it wasn't her fault...whatever) & I somewhat felt that I was going to get relief & results after being in pain for so long. Well did that feeling ever change after seeing her for the second time , I was in pain that day & when she checked me said that there was no swelling & told me that my blood work for signs that that the inflammation had gone down & that was I had was probably not even related to arthritis at that it was probably just an infection....she sent me for more blood work same meds & a follow up appointment in a month. My 3rd appointment she got her long fancy medical terms for blood work results & told me it was getting better & that the meds should be taking effect within 3 months. Meanwhile I was trying to explain to her more of the symptoms I had because I thought she had misunderstood me the last time but she wouldn't listen & pretended to type...she sent me off with meds for another three months & a follow up in three month still without a diagnosis & me feeling like I was getting the runaround, not being listened to , feeling like a liar & her making feel like it's all in my head...beyond frustrated!!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

DR.S.OUELLETTE should consider changing profession because she does not care for the well beeing of her patients and has no bedside manor and does not take time to listen to her patients how much pain they are in and the type of life they live .

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I find she is fantastic! I've never waited beyond 10 minutes to see her. She answers all my questions and is friendly which frankly I find is a secondary need to relief from my RA! I feel great, most days! She asks about my family...great MD!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

For every negative report of Dr Sylvie Ouellette from Nova Scotia & New Brunswick, I have experienced with her in her office. I can get along with any doctor, but this one has been the worst I've ever encountered. I put up with it, until now, even though I have another appt with her early this year, 2015. I will never return to her office again. Must inform my own Dr. Soon. Be nice to see her go back to N.S. , but they were so glad to see her come to N.B. Just so sad, she needs help herself.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014