Ratings for Dr. Judith Hsia

Was referred to her as a lipids specialist. She rushed in late with prescription pad in hand, did not introduce herself, glanced at my lipids test report and, in less than two minutes, started writing a prescription for Crestor. My chart plainly states statins have caused me deep muscle aches and were discontinued for fear of muscle degeneration. Crestor is a statin. My cardiologist sent me to this "specialist" in hopes of finding something other than a statin. I had to aggressively question the doctor to get her to consider my medical and family history. She insisted Crestor was the answer, unlikely to cause me problems as Zocor and Lipitor had. I reluctantly took the Rx for Crestor. Within months leg aches and muscle weakness drove me to my internist who immediately stopped Crestor. This lipids specialist is too fast with the Rx pad and very deficient in intellectual and medical curiosity. AVOID her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Judith Hsia's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1978)