Ratings for Dr. Kristal N. Reed

That doctor nearly killed my mother. She went to her for breathing problems-dr reed sent her for chest X-ray said all was fine and sent her home. I get off work and find her collapsed on the couch gasping for air. I put her in my car and took her straight to my doctor. I called prior to leaving to make sure he could see her. It was on a Wed. He examined her, blood work, and another chest X-ray. He said she was very sick and was going to give her a very strong antibiotic and three injections. If there was no improvement by Fri morning take directly to admittance. He even prepared the admission paperwork cause he wasn't sure she'd be better in less than 48 hours. She was but it was several weeks before all the inflammation and infection were gone. I think Dr Reed may be fine for minor injuries, flu shots, B12 shots she lives to promote but if you are sick sick-.pass her by cause I'm serious my mother was in horrible shape. My dr said you cannot rely on simply chest X-rays to tell if a person has lung problems. And for sure if a person can't breathe after 3 breathing treatments-uhh you really send them home with come back if you don't feel better. Personality she is great-but the smiles and B12 injections arent the cure!!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Although Dr.Reed has a great bedside manner and seems very down to earth and confident, I have serious concerns about her ability as a physician and the care she is providing to me. I saw her for a number of years as a well patient for physicals, but this last year I had some pretty scary illness and was astonished with the care I received from her. She was not able to diagnose me and was reluctant to further investigate. I was really surprised with her lack of ability and concern. You don't take your care to a mechanic who is nice but can't actually work on your car correctly and that is exactly the kind of doctor I feel she is. I think the general public is not knowledgable about medicine so they don't really know the type of job she is doing, but as a registered nurse I did. I wasted a lot of time and money seeing her with no results. Hopefully this will keep someone else from suffering.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

My husband and I saw her for the first time today (we sought her out after someone recommended her to us). She was very attentive to everything we said and made us feel at ease (she has a very calm demeanor and before going in there, my nerves were shot because I'm always nervous about seeing a new doctor.. but she just made me feel like I could say anything and she would listen carefully). After just this one visit, we've decided to make her our new and permanent primary care doctor and I'd recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Dr Reed is amazing! On my first new patient visit, she spent time to obtain a thorough and detailed medical history and discussed my current health issues. She presented me with a thorough treatment plan, including her proposed current and future tests, exams and treatments. I left her office feeling confident that my health is in good hands!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

I went to see Dr. Reed as a new patient because I was having horrible headaches. While I was there I had a seizure, just out of nowhere.. I have never had one before. Dr. Reeds staff was wonderful to me.. They were all there helping me and calling people and making sure I was ok. Yes I know that is their job but Dr. Reed could have just sent me to the ER, but before she did that she made so many arrangements for me.. though the ER was not in any way helpful nor did they do any thing she had said to do. Thanks to Dr. Reed and her staff..

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Kristal N. Reed's Credentials

• Meharry Medical College School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

Healthnet