Ratings for Dr. Fadhil Ali

When I first went to Dr. Ali he was very helpful and friendly, his staff is always professional and friendly, however they seem to forget to follow up on referral appointments or phone calls made by patients, otherwise I always felt they were professional. But a few months after becoming his patient I have found him to be demeaning, rude, judgemental, and offensive in his bedside manner. Over the last few years I have found his standard of care to be significantly declining. He is clearly focused on his Alberta subsidies he receives for every time a patient walks in. I have asthma, and he refuses to give me refills on my ventolin, I mean this is just ridiculous. I should not have to go to see my doctor every time I need a puffer refill, I should be able to get refills when the prescription is done. Furthermore, I have never been so insulted as when he called me a "bigger girl" stating that I am overweight and unhealthy because of my weight on the scale. He never considered the fact that I kickbox, eat healthy, and that my "overweight" number on the scale could have been muscle tone. He then proceeded to tell me that losing "even 1 lb" would make him happy. I was shocked that he would speak down to a patient in that manner. As a result I have moved on to a different family doctor and am far more pleased with this new doctor. Dr. Ali is great about referring you to specialists when necessary, but that is only part of his job as a doctor. I'm sad to say that his lack of empathy and ability to relate to his patients and deal with them appropriately is sub-par at best.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I started seeing Dr. Ali about three years ago, and began by having my regular check ups and maintenance. My first clue that he might be more of a 'business man in a white coat' was the fact that I was expected to come in every three months for a prescription renewal of a regular medication I had been on for about 17 years. All my previous doctors always gave me a one year prescription for a pill I take once a week. Next I could only talk about one thing at my annual physical and had to book extra appointments for everything else. RED FLAG!!! Next I went to Dr. Ali last August for a small glass shard in my foot that could be felt by just touching the area. Instead of removing it, he scheduled me for an ultrasound to 'find' the glass, for which I had to wait 5 weeks. During this time my foot was sore and I had begun to have a sore knee because I was compensating with one side so my foot didn't hurt as much. When I went in for the ultrasound results, he didn't remove the glass, just confirmed it was there, with a size of 1mm x 2mm, so tiny. It was still at the surface and I could still feel it by touching the bottom of my foot. He conferred with another doctor in his office who took a look and said I should be scheduled for surgery to remove it. Really?!! I was to return the next week, and that appointment was cancelled because the doctor couldn't perform the procedure for some unknown reason. By this time it was 13 weeks since the incident that resulted in having the glass in my foot. I'm an aesthetician, and am trained in advanced foot care and diabetic foot treatments, as is the other staff in my studio, so I asked her to remove it, which she accomplished in about 10 minutes. I have since found another very capable doctor who is efficient, thorough and easily as knowledgeable as Dr. Ali. I would never recommend him to anyone. Doctors like Dr. Ali, in my opinion, are part of the reason our health care system is in such a broken state. The other part is made up of people who abuse the system, and of course, the upper management and government who 'run the show'.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

An arrogant little man with a very poor people skills. Not helpful at all. Avoid this supposed MD and go somewhere else!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I have been with Dr. Ali for the past four years and since he was working on the Deer foot clinic, Dr. Ali have a great knowledge and his interpersonal skills in dealing with me was always good and getting better with time I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Dr, Fadhil has always been amaing!!! He takes the time to listen to my complaints, does not hesitate to send me to a specialist when he's not sure, and is beyond friendly. I've never had an issue with punctuality with him. His staff is helpful and quick to address you, and I have honestly never felt rushed, uncomfortable, or like a nuisance in his office. I would definitely recommend him, and am very grateful I found someone so amazing.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

He burnt a corn of my foot because he could not tell the difference between a wart and a corn ! Got infection lost week work and major pain ! He is a bad bad bad dr . Run fast and away

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Ali is a very professional, caring, and extremely knowledgable Doctor. My family lives in the north but will still travel south to his clinic because we like him so much. He is excellent with my children and very thorough with his work. Thank you Dr. Ali! We are very happy to have him as our family doctor!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

He certainly does not have any compassion nor bed side manner. Very arrogant, you are just a number forhim

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

He is a great doctor. I have seen him twice in his walk in service and now he will be our family doctor. He is straight to the point and has always been very helpful. I am recommending him to my friends. I also appreciate the efforts of the staff. They have made the transition to the new practice rather easy.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I wish I had read these reviews before I chose Dr. Ali as my GP. I was eight weeks pregnant and was out east visiting relatives when I had a miscarriage. As soon as I got back, I called the clinic to get an immediate referral. I had been to the ER while in Toronto and they told me to get referred to a specialist as soon as I got back to Calgary. I wasn't able to make it in to see him so I asked the receptionist if he could make an exception and immediately refer me to a Ob/Gyn since my symptoms were severe and I was losing a lot of blood. Instead, his receptionist put me on hold twice and then told me that their office manager, Zohra, would give me a call back within 5 minutes. I waited over an hour then called them back and they deliberately avoided me. I cannot believe there are physicians like this practicing. Please find yourself a physician that has enough compassion to make you and your families health a priority. There are so many great doctors in this city.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015