Ratings for Dr. Maurice B. Cohen

There is no care for the wellbeing of patients in this office. No communication or callbacks. No notifications when doctors or PA's leave, even if you're a patient under there care. Meaning no doctors to see you when needed, medications will not be called in, emergencies, etc. After finding out your physicians is no longer available you're maybe seen by Dr. Cohen who refuses to read your chart, speak to you or see you or the staff tells you no one is able to see you at all.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

very pleased with staff's kindness and professionalism. Dr. Cohen was very knowledgeable with a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Horrible staff, especially Maura in billing. She has an attitude and terrible customer service. Dr Cohen doesn't know how to take care of my condition/illness. The PA is great though. I have left messages on the voicemail with no return call. I work in healthcare and would never treat staff, patients or customers like they do.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I give dr. Cohen, his NP EIizabeth, & ALL his staff that I dealt with 5 smiles!!! I went to my PCP with bad stomach pains on a Friday, after seeing me she called his office, although she said it was unlikely I'd get in that day, he told her to send me over and he would squeeze me in...who does that these days? I was all set to go to the ER but thankfully didn't have to . Once I saw him, even though he thought he knew what I had, he got me in at the hospital THAT DAY for a CT scan and bloodwork to eliminate other possibilities and ordered a wet read so I wouldn't have to go the weekend in pain. The NP called me THAT day with the results and ordered a prescription and an endoscopy to verify the diagnosis since most else was ruled out. The endoscopy proved him right of course and he was also a funny guy which relaxed me. The NP spent time on the phone with me to go over all the results and even had me come in that day for a follow up test that I wanted. How can you beat ?Great team!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

HORRIBLE!!! I Have been trying to get results and copies of my record FOR the following tests: Upper GI, Cat Scan Abdomen, Endoscopy & Colonoscopy since 2012. I had pain in upper abdomen and doctor was too busy to see me and sent me to his PA Lemba. She was the worst PA/nurse that I have ever had the misfortune to know. During my test the radiology center had to call her and she was out walking her dog and laughing during the entire conversation and insisted I have the GI series. The radiologist said a cat scan would be a better option for me but by the time I was able to speak to Dr. Cohen it was too late. The dye was in my system and I had to wait until the next Monday. I have continually asked, begged and demanded copies of my records to no avail. They simply ignored my requests. I have finally found another doctor and now they want to charge me for the copies. In this day and age they could easily make a CD and have me pick it up. BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR AND HIS PA.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2013

My 15 yr. old granddaughter had to have an endoscopy for severe esophogitis. Dr. Cohen was very kind and patient with her. Although it's usually a lengthy wait for an appointment, we were in his office within 5 days, and the endoscopy was done 4 days later. We're waiting for the results of a biopsy, but have no doubt he'll provide the proper care and treatment if needed. Dr. Cohen has a dry sense of humor .. perhaps that's why some people think he's cold .. but he's not. I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I CALLED FOR MY LAB RESULTS AND SOME WERE REPORTED TO ME BY THE PA AS CRITICALLY LOW.I HAD ONE CONVERSATION WITH HER WHICH WAS BRIEF BUT SHE SAID SHE WOULD CALL ME BACK AND HAVE YET HAD A CALL BACK.I HAVE CALLED FIVE TIMES AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE PLAN OF CARE IS FOR MY ANEMIA..BUT I HAVEN'T HAD A CALL BACK.I WAS IN HER OFFICE WITH DIZZINESS AND FATIGUE LAST THURSDAY AND I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED SOME RESPONSE ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE TELLS ME THAT I MAYNEED A COLONOSCOPY FOR A POTENTIAL INTERNAL BLEED (HER WORDS)

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

He may be an ok doctor but I have been there on numerous occasions in which he treated his staff horrible and let other staff members speak poorly to them also. He used to have a good group of front office staff but for some reason he got rid of them, and the ones that are there really don't know what they are doing. A lot of the times when I call the office it either rings until it goes to voice mail or I am left on hold for a long time.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Absolute worst. Called for blood in stool young male on 21. They say 3 weeks then changes to 2 days later. Book appointment dec 9 for feb 7th 2013 after being seen. Colonoscapy and endoscopy to be performed. Called on 1/10/2013 saying, oh hey dr. Cohen can no longer take you. Best case maybe feb 28th. Honestly most unprofessional call and practice I have been too.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Worst gastroenterologist I encountered. Careless, no real doctor focused on patient care.On advise of my GP I made an appointment specifically with Dr Cohen at Northeast Gastroenterology PC in Salem NH a few weeks ago.When I got to the appointment I was told I was going to see the physician assistant (so nurse) instead of Dr Cohen.Of course that was unacceptable.The only thing they would offer me on the spot was an appointment months away.This is so careless.They wasted my time and my health by not telling me up front they would not have the specialist himself available. Typical arrogance that they know what is best for a patient and will decide who treats him with consulting first if that is agreeable.I therefore advise to avoid gastroenterologist Dr Cohen and his office.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Maurice B. Cohen's Credentials

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02111 (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Salem, NH