Ratings for Dr. Simon Warner

Dr. Warren is completely unpredictable when it comes to how he treats you as a patient. He can be quite polite and friendly or he can be hostile, dismissive and condescending. He does not perform a thorough and proper eye examination (does not dilate pupils) and is very keen on reminding you that you are old (woman in my 60's). I don't doubt that he is knowledgeable in his field, but that does not entitle him to make people feel like they are not worthy of being his patient.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr Warner is wonderful but his office staff do NOT answer the phone nor do they return call from messages left over several days

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

Dr Warner was kind, funny, empathetic and respectful. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

I am adding this comment as a health professional to advise other patients that if you feel that this doctor talks down to you. It is not your imagination. The comment about passive aggressiveness I would agree with. I felt that this doctor was arrogant and dismissive. I wondered if he was burned out or if I as a patient triggered some hostility towards older women. My GP referred me to this doctor and I trust my GP, personally, I would not send patients to him unless it was an absolute emergency. Was it a bad day for this doctor, I do not know but my experience as a health professional concerned me. Trust your gut and if he is talking down to you, speak up politely but assertively. I will discuss this with my GP as a heads up.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Great doctor. Had cataract surgery on my right eye. Dr. Warner was cheerful, friendly and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend him. My only suggestion is better reading material in his reception area.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I went to Dr. Warner to find out what was causing the pain and burning in my eye but apparently, my symptoms are not serious enough for him. He made me feel like an idiot for even coming to see him and said demeaning comments to me throughout the appointment like "only 1 minute of pain? I thought we were talking about hours here." Apparently, my very real symptoms and feelings of pain are not severe enough to be taken seriously. Unless you are dying of pain, don't bother coming to see him.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Had 'floaters' and flashes of light. Called the office and was squeezed in that same day. Dr. Warner examined me and diagnosed retinal tears. He immediately booked me in to a retinal specialist and I was there 10 mins later! Excellent service as always with Dr. Warner!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

When he's in a happy mood he's a great doctor and is able to explain the diagnosis quite clearly. When he's rushed or in a bad mood I find it difficult to talk to him about the ongoing problems I have with my eye. He could do with a bit more sensitivity training.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Receptionist that can't speak English shouldn't be making appointments. Scheduled incorrectly even after repeating back the information. What a waste of time.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Been seeing Dr Warner for a few years and nothing but phenomenal, finds the problem within minutes and suggests ways to lessen the inflammation

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017