Ratings for Dr. Simon Warner

After reading the comments I felt confident seeing Dr. Warner. When I went to my appointment Dr. Warner was over an hour late for my appointment. Once he met with me he initially appeared superficially kind but somewhat passive aggressive. He told me that I was worrying about "nothing" and that the growth on my eye was "just a sac of fluid". He followed that by saying that if I was noticing the growth then I was obviously "not working hard enough". He then tried to convince me to get laser eye surgery. When I told him that I have chronic dry eyes (had even gone to a consult for laser in the past) he continued to try to convince me. He spent more time trying to convince me to do laser eye surgery than address my actual problem. In the end he defensively stated "I don't run a laser eye practice so I'm not trying to make money off of you". He did not provide me with any relief for my eye. I've since learned that the growth on my eye will likely need to be surgically removed.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Warner is a thoughtful, warm and very knowledgeable doctor. He listens wonderfully, takes time to explore with you what's been going on and different options for care and is compassionate. I feel very fortunate to have found him years ago.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

He was very knowledgeable and took time to explain my problem is that n great detail referring to the test results and scans. Great bedside manner and sense of humour. Very friendly.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I was reffered to Dr Warner by my GP and another Opthamologist for a problem inside one of my eyelids that had been festering for 4 months.. They both could not diagnose it. Dr. Warner found it within the first minute of his exam and prescribed the medication which cleared up the condition in a week! Such is his abilities as an eye specialist. The receptionist...... I guess she's efficient... but certainly needs some people skills especially for such a busy office... were not a passenger on an amusement park ride you know!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr Warner, you may want to find a receptionist who understands customer service. Yours was completely dismissive.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Doctor Warner is absolutely the very best doctor. He takes the time to explain everything to you. He is very knowledgeable and current. He always is cheerful and has a wonderful sense of humour. I feel extremely fortunate to have him as my opthmologist.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Warner is nothing short of a saint and his knowledge is vast - he knows a lot about neurology, the immune system and ENT related things like allergies. Fun to chat with. Subtle, clever sense of humour. But as everyone has said, his receptionist is icy, has poor English language skills and will randomly hang up on you or put you on hold.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr Warner has a great bed side manner. Always puts me at ease. He's very knowledgeable and takes time to explain things thoroughly. I wish I could find a GP as good as him. His staff can be a little gruff but its worth it, he's great.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Wonderful and knowedgable doctor, rude and terrible receptionist

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Staff was used to do preliminary exam including gathering the history of the problem, when as a patient I asked the staff person being used in this way if she had any applicable and specific training to her duties as an eye examiner and history taker, she said she had no special training, only in-office instruction, which I found unacceptable. The rest of the experience was being moved around from examining room to examining room for short interactions, and then back to the waiting room in between. I was in and out of examining rooms, back to the waiting room, back in an examining room -a dizzying experience; my preference (which have experienced with other ophthalmologists in Vancouver) is to wait however long it takes and then be seen, history taken, and all examinations preformed by the physician directly and in one single session and examining room. Dr. Warner's knowledge was good but his manner of sharing it was curt, dismissive and impatient (again compared to other more healing experiences in the same specialty area of medicine.) Since decisions are based on history having a nonprofessional taking the history of the problem as the first interaction was troubling, never mind how 'busy, busy' rushed even that person was. The whole scene was one of 'busy, busy' rather than a healing one. I am an older patient just diagnosed with cataracts and I had the feeling that if my circumstances were dire and extremely serious and urgent, as described by other raters this doctor that this physician would have been more motivated and kinder, but for the patient whatever there issue it is significant to them and they are there for healing and deserve the doctor's full and healing attention during the time they are with them.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015