Ratings for Dr. Quinton V. Cancel

Be wary of this place. Called in advance to find out how much my initial consultation would be and was quoted $130. I pay and get seen to not really have anything more than be told something I already knew. Then, after I get home, I learn that they are charging me $190 and say I still owe them $60!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr Cancel is an excellent doctor and explains why he is doing procedures and listens to your questions and I feel he honestly answers them. He is very knowledgeable and I feel comfortable with him which means a lot. The staff is good - not great. Not exactly the friendliest people in the world but they get the job done. I havnt had to wait to long once I checked in

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

The staff lost the cancer insurance forms for my husband, had to hand deliver another set, and still haven't gotten them. We were left as the only people in the waiting room on one visit, even though the appointment was at 2:15, and at 4:30 I asked why, they had not pulled the file and the staff was getting ready to leave for the day.....Dr. Cancel is great....just the office staff is very rude and unfriendly....

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

Never calls back...i am in pain a week after surgery. Can't urinate, i left several messages. Still nothing. Feeling like he cares more about money than the people he sees.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

A busy Doctor that seemed to know his stuff. I got the feeling he prefered to do things his way and did not offer further discussion of alternatives brought up. He said in short..this is your only option...ureteroscopy W/stent (doubled the price). This is used more often than not to safeguard the Doctor and his ability or lack of. It use to be a common practise, but is no longer. Got the idea he was guarded in his method, closed mouthed, indifferent to anything not his.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

I really liked Dr. Cancel. He did a transvaginal sling on here and after the surgery my problem was corrected. He has really good bedside manners and spent a lot of time listening to me and answering all questions that my husband and I had. I would recommend him to all my friends.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Dr. Cancel wanted to perform a biopsy based on a single psa test of 3.99 done by another doctor even though his own exam showed no signs of problems. His exam consisted only of a digital exam and a short discussion. When I suggested another psa test, he did not think that was needed and wanted to schedule a biopsy. When I declined and asked for a psa test, he said that I would have to wait some time as his exam just performed would affect the test. I made an appointment with a urologist at St Thomas who did a urine test before seeing me and then a digital exam and then suggested that I come back in 6 months. I reqested another psa test and the doctor called me back the following week stating that the new psa was 2.58.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Dr. Quinton V. Cancel's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

AARP