Ratings for Dr. Uma Polam

I accidentally left my diabetes medication while vacationing in Orlanfo, FL. It's been 3 days of repeated calling back and forth to the doctors office and the pharmacist and without my medication..I finally called the on-call service and received a call from the doctor only to be told her front desk staff told her she forwarded the prescription and at this point what Do I want her to do...I'm in shock at her response....It really don't matter how good a doctor may be if her front first line of communication is rude, unprofessional liars.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

I have Dr. Polam as my PCP. She's very well versed in my day-to-day healthcare. I have no complaints about the doctor's ability to treat me, but the staff is extremely unqualified for her office. I agree with the person below. The front-desk staff leaves much to be desired. They are slow, incompetent and they ALWAYS fail to call in my prescription refills. I have to call day after day, sometimes 2-3 times per day before the pharmacy receives the order. I like the doctor very much, but I just don't have the patience to deal with the front-desk staff anymore.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Polam seems to be a good doctor. The problem (and it is a real problem) is she consistently overschedules resulting in patients having to languish in the waiting room for far too long. It is simply unacceptable. Additionally the administrative staff have been on various occasions among the worst I've experienced, failing to forward test results to other physicians, not calling in prescriptions in to pharmacy in a timely manner all while at time not presenting a professional attitude

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Polam seems to be a very professional yet knowledgeable doctor. But her staff on the other hand is the most terrible staff I've ever encountered. You would expect to get a call back after getting blood work done etc for somebody who has a chronic illness. I came across so many miscommunications, they do not call in prescriptions unless you ask them(which they dont do it right). They dont seem to care that their patients who have chronic illness are in urgent need of medicine. I would have to follow up more than twice a day to get prescriptions called in or get paperwork done. Dr. Polam needs to replace her current staff if she wants to see patients.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Polam is very thorough. But her staff are really mediocre, do not return calls, do not know what they are doing, and she is unable to manage them, apparently. As a result,communcating with her is always difficult and often impossible. I have had to make appointments just to get a simple question answered. And I have dealt with a number of instances of mis-information provided by members of her staff, including such bizarre matters as being given a written referral to a doctor who stopped practicing his specialty 2 years ago!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr. Uma Polam's Credentials

• Sri Venkatesvara Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Tirupati, Ap, India (Grad. 1990)

Avmed