Ratings for Dr. Isabella Tai

Most awful experience to date with these scopes and I've had them before with other Dr.s...was very rushed, Dr. Tai was cold and irritable, even angry when I gagged on the scope down my throat (this is a normal reaction!!!). I was not out for the procedure and it hurt! It also seemed very rough. I don't recommend her at all!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I've been seeing dr tai for a few years and she's always been nice to me and informative when I've asked her questions..i just had a colonoscopy with her and although I wasn't out..wasn't really a bad thing..didn't hurt..the worst part is the prep the day before the exam

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr.Tai is the worst doctor under the sun. This doctor was hitting Mr in Nov 2015 I was screaming my guts out an did not put me too sleep until after I was screaming and God is my witness. .. I complained to my doctor and he was so pissed off and said she did a lousy job. I was bleeding so badly because she hit my large bowel and I was in so much pain for three weeks ... she even wrote a false report and I could not believe it and I don't know why she is practicing at all ..

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Everyone I know who has had a colonoscopy has said its nothing, painless, you are asleep the entire time. Not with Dr Tai. She warns you it will be painful, a nurse gives you a tiny shot of nothing strong enough to do anything but maybe calm your nerves, and you are awake and in pain for about 10-15 minutes. Benefits are its probably safer, you get to watch what's on the Colon Channel TV monitor, all the while building character. Drawbacks include dread about the next time knowing that the Prep Part is not the "worst of it".

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr tai put me on a PPI drug, ten years ago, and told me I would be on it the rest of my life. I have been taking it. No one has ever checked if it is still needed or cared about me taking this drug. I never saw her again, no further apps needed. This is not good care to say the least. Now they say PPIs are dangerous. That's just great.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I have seen Dr. Tai for a number of years now and I have always found her to be extremely cold. She never take the time to explain anything to me and she sometimes get agitated when I ask her questions. Overall, I find her condescending and unfriendly yet somewhat knowledgable. Also, her receptionist is rude and not very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr. Tai is a great GI. She is the only doctor who actually listened to me, and managed to give me a diagnosis. I've seen countless other doctors (and a GI) the past few years who dismissed me. Thank god Dr Tai cared enough to believe me and order the necessary tests.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

She is a good Doctor. She is very caring and knowledgable. Very professional doctor

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I saw Dr Tai for acute hepatitis a few weeks ago. She was a lovely person. Very caring and knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable knowing that she was overseeing my case. The resident GI doc that works with her is awesome too!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

I found her to be very helpful and very knowledgable. I had my colonoscopy and she was wonderful, the staff at UBC Hospital were wonderful as well. I was worried about the procedure but If she was doing again, I would not hesitate. I'm glad i was referred to her. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013