Ratings for Dr. Kathleen Miraflores

I've been going to Dr. Miraflores for two years now. She not only gave me a thorough exam, she explained the risks for someone who is severely nearsighted of retinal detachment. Two years later, I suffered an injury to the bridge of my nose that also affected my right eye. I called her office and explained what happened. She took me that same day. She took her time and explained to me thoroughly what she saw. She referred me to a retinal specialist and told me exactly what to tell them. I'll be going to the specialist tomorrow. Needless to say, if she hadn't taken the time to remind me of the risk of retinal detachment, I may have ignored the symptoms that occurred after my injury. She has an incredible "bedside manner." Dr. Miraflores does an incredible job, and I will continue to go to her hopefully for years to come.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I was having problems with my vision deteorating and went to have my eyes checked. Dr. Miraflores discovered that I had an eye infection (Uvitis) and recommended I be checked for either Tuberculosis or Sarcoidosis, both potential causes of Uvitis. I was checked out and tested positive for Sarcoidosis and am undergoing treatment for that thanks to her careful and correct diagnosis. What impressed me most was that she consulted medical textbooks to help her with her diagnosis in front of me instead of relying only on her experiences and knowledge gained in the classroom years before. A good doctor makes use of all available materials to help in diagnosis and treatment. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Dr. Miraflores is located at Sam's Club Optical in Douglasville, GA. She examined both me and my five-year old daughter. I was so impressed by the patience she had with my daughter. Dr. Miraflores helped my daughter feel very comfortable. She not only answered questions, she explained procedures and outcomes thoroughly. She went over and beyond in her examination of my daughter, explaining how I can help prevent lazy eye by being proactive. In addition, she explained possible risks for me in being severely nearsighted, explaining the symptoms of retinal detachment, and what to do if I experience those symptoms. I felt very comfortable with her, and will be seeing her on a regular basis. She is extremely pleasant. I highly recommend Dr. Miraflores.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Kathleen Miraflores's Credentials

• University Of Missouri St Louis - School Of Optometry (Grad. 2002)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal