Ratings for Dr. Yvonne D. McBride

I've had a problem with the billing from this office. I've called for an explanation and no one returns my phone call. I'm not paying this bill because I think it is fraudulent and above and beyond what I have already paid. Something is seriously wrong here......

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

Beware of extremely high costs.....in addition to waiting FOREVER for my glasses and then they were the wrong prescription. Also got billed additional charges after I paid full amount quoted at the office. Will never return.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Always amazing service, when I go! I've been with them for years, and they've never disappoint. Also Dr.McBride is very kind and knows her stuff.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

The doctor and staff were all nice, but I was not expecting to pay so much for a simple exam and prescription. After the doctor finished my exam, I was told I had to pay $175 for a contact lens fitting, on top of the amount I paid for the exam, or else I would not be given a prescription for contacts. I was not told about this until after my exam. Overall I'm very disappointed in this office's procedures and fees.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

"She's fabulous-very comforting, very thorough, very friendly, kind and compassionate. Her staffs are kind too and their joviality together relaxes the patient. You've got to come and experience it!"she is the best!!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Be warned about going to Healthy Eyes Vision in Fords, NJ and Dr. Yvonne McBride's optometric office! I was there for a simple eye exam which my insurance covered 100% and a prescription for glasses and contacts. When the doctor was explaining to me about the contact lens, I asked her if I would get both my prescripts today, she said you will be fitted for them, so not today, and that the tech will explain. Well, there is a gimmick, the tech did explain-they withhold the contact lens prescription until one week later when you go for followup and pay $215 for lens fitting charge over and above your insurance!!! They also charged me $10 at the end for nothing, simply they up the eye exam cost above what my insurance will pay. I told her that elsewhere they don't charge such outrageous amount for fitting, she said well, you see how nice the office is and the staff is so friendly, etc. etc. so basically you are paying for their nice office, furniture and staff's salaries! Go to Sears, etc!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I was there for close to 2 hours. The entire time felt like a commercial to spend money not covered by my insurance (state insurance). The doc had no social skills and spent most of her time trying to convince me to get Lasiks. She sent me to one of her technicians to be 'fitted' for contacts but refused to answer how much it would cost. The tech told me 'at least $200' to get fitted. I left and went three miles away to JC Penny's and paid less than half that for a contact fitting and more info on my glasses Rx (McBride did not include the PD). Go elsewhere unless you want to wait for hours and pay double.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Dr. Mcbride was great! Her office is brand new. Her staff is very friendly and helpful. She has great hours. The office has a great selection of glasses.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Yvonne D. McBride's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Optometry (Grad. 1980)