Ratings for Dr. Xander Abrams

I have genetic migraine headaches. Dr. Abrams made me a individualized health recording that I listened to every night for a long time. Now I no longer have migraine headaches. Recently I found out that it is a family genetic issue related to macular degeneration. The others in my family who have the same condition are now dealing with blindness. Dr . Abrams saved my sight.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Abrams has helped me tremendously in dealing with depression, time management and decision making. I have worked with other therapists in the past but have not found someone as effective or intuitive. His approach is sincere, knowledgable, present and straightforward. He has my highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I went to Xander three years ago. Xander changed my life. Every session we had together was like an aikido match. There was mutual respect and much effort from his end. He isn't a therapist that will just sit there and have little response. The way Xander responds to you is more of a meeting. He meets you there and sees you and to me, having him witness that with me, in a human way, was very healing.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

This guy truly does not know what he's doing. He actually starts talking about his own problems and insecurities, which doesn't instill very much confidence in a patient help. Go to someone that knows what their doing. Don't get caught up with the PHD. Most insecure therapist ever

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

I was very hesitant to see a therapist. I chose him from a list my insurance gave me. My primary care physician recommended I see someone regarding my chronic care and depression. I always felt there was a stigma attached to therapy. The first 4 appointments were the hardest in my life. Once I was able to get over my own issues, seeing Dr. Abrams has helped me get through a lot. And, he just happen to specialize in pain management. I am so glad I stayed with it and have been seeing him for 1 1/2 years now. He is not judgmental and lets you lead the appointment. Sometimes I just talk and talk about nothing and he lets me do that. Other times when I need help dealing with life, kids, etc...he carefully listens and gives me positive support to use in everyday life. I find myself at times in crisis taking a deep breath and using his techniques to focus and deal positively with life struggles and I am very much more confident with myself and nicer to others...recommended

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009