Ratings for Dr. Stephen F. Carolan

Excellent Doctor, Dr. Carolan will give you his full attention, he will make sure you understand everything and he will answer all your questions. He really makes you feel so comfortable. I would absolutely recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Excellent surgeon and very caring doctor. Dr. Stephen Carolan sits down and gives you his full attention. He answers all your questions clearly. HE is extremely knowledgeable. He has excellent bedside manners that really make you feel comfortable after surgery. Truly the best OBGYN that I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Very intelligent, careful, gentle. He seems to be very kind.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Always been a wonderful Dr. with myself & my Mother. Was with another Dr where my abdominal pains were brushed off. Went to see Dr. Carolan on a recommendation & after exam and tests, he found a tumor the size of a small football which was surgically removed by him. It was benign, but the pain is gone. I trust him & his assistant Patty is amazing as well. They care about you. Even though part of a large practice, you are a person to them, not just a number

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Carolan for 12 years. He got me through 2 pregnancies and one surgery. He is amazing. Kind, gentle, discrete, and what I love the most is he listens to me and what I notice going on with my body. He is helpful and knowledgable. His private life should be kept private. And quite frankly I dont beleive one word of it. I feel bad for him that someone is doing this to him. Highly recommend this wonderful man as a doctor!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Fabulolus Doctor. I have been using since 1998. Best bedside manner I've ever had from any doctor. He's seen me through 2 difficult pregnancies and inferitility. Always made me feel like he was available.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

An experienced doctor and excellent obstetrician. Unfortunately, other doctors in his practice treated me during my pregnancy as did his staff. When I developed GD I was summoned to the office of a nurse, who treated me like some sort of criminal, tossed some reading material at me and dismissed me without once making eye contact. Likewise, the women doctors each wasted no time making snide remarks about my weight, to my face and to others while I was listening. The only sensitive and respectful treatment I got was from Dr. Carolan and the other male doc in his practice. I gave birth to a healthy full term baby, but will never forget how nasty the other doctors were at a time when I was vulnerable and worried about my pregnancy. If you go to this practice, be sure to insist on Dr. Carolan and if you are sensitive about your weight refuse to be seen by the women doctors. His care supercedes their self-righteous judgmental sarcasm.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I saw Dr. Carolan one day because my regular doctor wasn't available. I was so impressed with how wonderful and caring he was that I switched to him. He is a true gentleman and has one of the best bedside manners I have ever seen in a physician. He is far from creepy and his personal life has nothing to do with his ability to practice medicine. I would and have very strongly recommended him to many people. I have yet to meet a doctor without some bogus lawsuit against him/her . He's kept his license for a reason.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

I am a 23 year old female who went to Dr. Carolan for a colposcopy. I think its a shame that issues pertaining to his personal life seem to affect his ratings. He was so sweet, caring, and was very comforting to me while I was getting that very invasive and and uncomfortable feeling. He is a fantastic doctor and I am so sad that I was forced to leave him after moving out of state.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

very knowledgeable. always professional. the sexual harassment, scandal has nothing to do with his performance as a doctor. i would recommend him to my friends as i have been. Definitely the best OB GYN out there.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

Dr. Stephen F. Carolan's Credentials

• Bengali

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1984)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal