Ratings for Dr. Evangeline Guzman

She is absolutely horrible and refuses to listen to her patients or document any prior medical history. Medications were changed shortly after seeking assistance from another psychiatrist. In addition, she provided potentially inaccurate information regarding long range prognosis and treatment options.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I do not trust her with my care and have stopped seeing her in favor of someone who is going to take an empirical approach to my care--not all doctors are created equal. If you're looking for someone to prescribe you pills and only pills, she would be okay for very minor psychiatric problems such as depression or anxiety. If you are at all concerned about other factors or you're unfortunately suffering from something more than a very minor depression or anxiety, do not see her.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

More concerned about payment she can get from insurance companies. A little demeaning but told me what I had to hear. Patient is not her priority!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

This Doctor is one of the worst I have ever seen. Her appointment book is wide open because she has few clients. She takes advantage of her clients and has a very poor reputation in the community. Find another Doctor. She will waste your time.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Guzman was consistently late for our regular 8am appointment. Finally, on the day of what turned out to be my final appointment with her, I waited till 8:10am. The Dr. had not arrived and the office was not open, so I had no information as to when she would arrive, if at all. My schedule was tight so I couldn't wait and had to leave. Later that week, I received a bill for the "missed visit". It took several phone calls and a letter worded in a very direct, firm manner before she accepted accountability and reversed the fee. With regards to my visits with Dr. Guzman, she displayed poor listening skills and seemed anxious to write the scripts and get to the next patient. My wife visitd Dr. Guzman for a short period of time as well and had the same experience as I did.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

This Doctor is uninterested in helping patients. She expected me to follow up for her on an insurance issue because she did not have time in her schedule for that. She held me responsible for the balance on the account; the insurance company continued to state it was a call the Doctor must make. She continued to refuse to make the call. I had to take further action in order to have the balance removed from my account. She was not at all interested in helping me with the PPD; she eluded to witholding my prescription until the balance was paid. In the end, I did receive my medicine and the balance on the account was forgiven. Despite that the issue was resolved, this experience has remained with me.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. Evangeline Guzman's Credentials

• Univ Of The East, Ramon Magsaysay Mem Med Ctr, Quezon City (Grad. 1973)

Multiplan