Ratings for Dr. Shian Gu

Worst doctor I had. Went to see him for a knee problem, he could not offer any diagnosis but didn't want to refer me to any other doctors. I asked him to refer me to a sports medicine doctor and he said they are just like physio therapist so will not be mush use. My condition deteriorated last year without any treatment. Last month, I went to see him on the weekend, I was booked the first that day at 10am. He called just at 10 to let everyone know he will be in 10:30 but he didn't show up till 11am. Realized the impact of the ripple effect on the already long waiting, several other patients have to make other arrangements of their days. One ederly man told me Dr gu is often late. He finally showed up at 11, but because he was in such a rush, he went to the wrong room and treated a couple patients who were suppose to see a different doctor in the clinic. He then started blaming his assistent and still talking to her as he walked into my room. And I was supposed to be his first patient that day. He didn't make an eye contact, and offered any apology, just said your test is fine, he see nothing wrong. The whole thing lasted 30 seconds, and he is gone. So 2 weeks ago, I switched to another doctor in Burnaby and he sent me to a sports medicine doctor. The doctor ruled out sports related injury but pointed out a possibility of vericose vein. I fully understand diagnosing a patient's condition is a complicated matter, a doctor must be willing to lend his ear. I am afraid this person is not interested in treating his patient. So save you self some trouble, find another doctor or even a walking clinic.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I went to see him a few times, but he's always rushing. He's also very harsh toward his patients. I once wanted to see a dermatologist (which I received the referral from another doctor later), he not only did not refer me, but said that I have no knowledge of my own skin, and that seeing a dermatologist is useless as they can prescribe the same drugs as him.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

More than 15 years with him, and only problem is he always rush.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Absolutely useless and extremely rushed. Appointments are on average 30-60 seconds long. The only thing he is good for is prescribing ANYTHING you ask him to.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Terrible doctor, very rushed, didn't bother to listen to my symptoms before writing the prescription

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Poor managed clinic, always impatient. Not a caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Worst in Great Vancouver, Period. No patience, don't listen. Those left positive comments looks so fake. I will bring my complaints to the college bar.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Doctor Gu is a knowledgeable doctor and he has good experience. The only concern is you have to wait long time to see him.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I rather prefer to rate his clinic 0 stars, if I can give them negative number, I will. I started visiting his clinic 12 years ago when we just landed in Burnaby. He has no patience, no manner, neither his staff; always on vacation... I finally had enough of him, switch to another doctor in his clinic as there are very few options for mandarin speaker. However, it is such a pain to make an appointment with my doctor, always waiting on the line, stressed staff...not too long ago, they called me to see my exam report. When I waited weeks to see my report, they lost it! No apologies, no explanation... have to find somebody else. Please do not go to this clinic if you want to be taken care of.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015