Ratings for Dr. Shian Gu

A terrible doctor. Always extremely rushed, impatient. Sometimes even very rude. He doesn't care about his patients.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Very impatient and extremely rushed. The worst doctor I have ever seen. He should have been investigated by his regulator

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

he is always very rushed, doesn't care patient at all , he refused to referee me a specialist when he could not handle my problem any ways

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Terrible doctor very rushed, didn't bother to listen to my symptoms

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Very impatient and extremely rushed. I will file a complaint to college of surgeons and physicians. Money maker! Schedule 1hr appointment, only took 5 minutes

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Worst doctor I've ever seen. he always rush, can't speak english, terrible service

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

Worst doctor I had. Went to see him for a knee problem, he could not offer any diagnosis but didn't want to refer me to any other doctors. I asked him to refer me to a sports medicine doctor and he said they are just like physio therapist so will not be mush use. My condition deteriorated last year without any treatment. Last month, I went to see him on the weekend, I was booked the first that day at 10am. He called just at 10 to let everyone know he will be in 10:30 but he didn't show up till 11am. Realized the impact of the ripple effect on the already long waiting, several other patients have to make other arrangements of their days. One ederly man told me Dr gu is often late. He finally showed up at 11, but because he was in such a rush, he went to the wrong room and treated a couple patients who were suppose to see a different doctor in the clinic. He then started blaming his assistent and still talking to her as he walked into my room. And I was supposed to be his first patient that day. He didn't make an eye contact, and offered any apology, just said your test is fine, he see nothing wrong. The whole thing lasted 30 seconds, and he is gone. So 2 weeks ago, I switched to another doctor in Burnaby and he sent me to a sports medicine doctor. The doctor ruled out sports related injury but pointed out a possibility of vericose vein. I fully understand diagnosing a patient's condition is a complicated matter, a doctor must be willing to lend his ear. I am afraid this person is not interested in treating his patient. So save you self some trouble, find another doctor or even a walking clinic.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I went to see him a few times, but he's always rushing. He's also very harsh toward his patients. I once wanted to see a dermatologist (which I received the referral from another doctor later), he not only did not refer me, but said that I have no knowledge of my own skin, and that seeing a dermatologist is useless as they can prescribe the same drugs as him.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

More than 15 years with him, and only problem is he always rush.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Absolutely useless and extremely rushed. Appointments are on average 30-60 seconds long. The only thing he is good for is prescribing ANYTHING you ask him to.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016