Ratings for Dr. Kurt E. Heiland

Extremely late for the appointment - was made to wait 2 hours. Non-apologetic, unhelpful, and condescending.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Dr. Heiland and his staff are amazing. His audiologist found a hearing aid that works for my type of hearing loss with less feedback and more freedom. ❤️. Also, the Doc found and will be repairing sinus issues that my old ENT wouldn't touch (said I would have to live with). I'm excited at the prospect of being able to breathe properly AND hear! If not for Dr. Heiland and his staff...

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I arrived for my appointment early and as I sat there and observed the office I was very upset with the treatment I saw of the very elderly patients with walkers and canes. The people who work there have absolutely no patience or tolerance for folks who do not function as they did when they were young. They could not even open the door for a gentlemen with a walker who was leaving the office and spoke rudely to him telling him must come around to the front, I opened the door for him. They could not even help an elderly women get on scale who was clearly having trouble, I almost got up and went to help. Considering a large majority was most likely 70 or older I found this to be very ignorant on their part, no compassion. As far as the comments about the Dr's personality I read his bio first and looking at his education (which is why I choose him) I was not expecting him to be personable and I found him to be just fine but then I don't expect much anymore from any Dr's those days I think are long gone it is all a money game. Compassion that is what this office could use a lot of these people will not be young forever and I wonder would they treat their grandparents or parents this way??? They all need an attitude adjustment.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

From the front desk, to the nurses, and the billing folks, everyone cares about you getting better. I've had sinus issues for over 12 years and have seen countless doctors and been given a variety of allergy shots, sprays and pills over that time. None fixed the problem until I saw Dr. Heiland. He was amazing. He asked a lot of questions, took a close look at my nose and did some scans. He detected a narrowing in my sinus passages and a deviated septum. By fixing those (ouch) I've been breathing effortlessly since. I'm sleeping better, which means I'm waking well rested and ready to go which means I'm exercising more and have lost 25 pounds as a result. I'm so glad I came to see Dr. Heiland. After the procedure, he personally called to see how I was doing. again I can't believe no other doc figured this out earlier. Yes, you might have to wait a little for your appointment. But if you are seeing the best--it is worth a longer wait.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Love this office. Everyone was interested in my well being. Dr. Heiland takes the time to get to know you and your entire health history. He discovered an issue that no other doctors saw. With surgery I am now breathing (and sleeping) like never before. I'm so glad I found Dr. Heiland and will tell everyone about him. As for some of the doubters--yes you might have to wait, but like all things in life, good things are worth waiting for. Yes he is direct, but I like that in a doctor. Tell me the truth, don't sugarcoat things. He's right, my wife tells me too, yes I can stand to lose to 15 lbs. That doesn't make him arrogant, it just means he's concerned about my health and not just my nose. If you have hearing breathing or swallowing issues, see Dr. Heiland, he is great.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I have a hard time giving this doctor two stars. His staff called me twice the day before my appointment and told me to call ahead and make sure he was running on time. I thought that was very nice, as I could be aware if there was a wait. Well, I called! They said he's running on time. I showed ten minutes prior to my appointment and waited and waited. over an hour and a half went by before I was taken back. When he finally came in, I explained my history and why I was there. He was (as many others are saying) very arrogant and condescending. He lectured my about my Thyroid meds, and I wasn't even there to see him for that (I have an endocrinologist). What a waste of time, not to mention the $$$$. I do not recommend this office at all!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Heiland. My doctor had detected a large lump on my lymph nodes and recommended I have it seen by a specialist. So glad I found Dr. Heiland--from the moment I walked in the whole office was amazing. Everyone cared about my well being. They checked things out, did a biopsy. Sure enough it was cancer. They quickly rearranged schedules so that I could get in for surgery right away. The follow-up care has been amazing. He even called me at home to see how I was doing.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

While I had to wait a few minutes as he returned from surgery, it was well worth waiting. Dr. Heiland asked lots of questions and got right to the source of my pain, that other doctors missed. No more sinus issues!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Heiland got to the bottom of my asthma trigger and origin of partially collapsed lung. Following his recommendation my life and health has improved greatly.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I came to Dr. Heiland office w tongue cancer. He was very reassuring and also realistic about what could be done and what to expect. He follows up w testing and aftercare. He spoke confidently and spent time w my family. His office runs well and all his staff are courteous and kind. I had no complications and believe that is due to Dr. Heiland's expertise and experience. He has been rated a Top Ten Doc for many years. I whole heartedly recommend Dr. HEILAND.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Kurt E. Heiland's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1992)