Ratings for Dr. Katherine N. Jacob

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Jacob. She really listens and tries to help with my hypothyroid issues. I would definitely recommend Dr. Jacob to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr. Jacob worked with me to find the right dose of Armour Thyroid for me. This was no easy feat, but she was persistent and did not try to talk me into another course of therapy, which after almost 28 years, I had experience with just about all the thyroid medications on the market. She was pleasant and concerned. At subsequent appointments she even recalled personal things I had talked to her about. I wish her the much success. I will certainly miss her thoughtful care in Burbank, CA.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

This was one of the WORST doctors I have EVER seen!! RUN don't walk from her!! I saw her because of my hypothryoid condition and she had the nerve to tell me the reason I felt the way I do (fatigued with easy weight gain) was because I wasn't eating well. She didn't listen to me and my concerns, neglected to look at my overall TSH number, which was 4.1 (2.75 is considered the average according to the new American Endocrinology Assoc. guidelines). That number is ABOVE the norm, or hypothyroid, with the meds I was on!! She said I was within "normal limits". This "doctor" proceeded to hand me a DIET BOOK, and advised I eat no more than 900 calories a day, along with exercise to lose weight!! I left the office depressed and confused as to why I was given such information. Low and behold, after searching the internet I found out that she was in error and I was not!! Moral of the story - be an advocate for your health and trust your instincts! Shame on you, "Dr" Jacob!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Katherine N. Jacob's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1999)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio