Ratings for Dr. Hillel Finestone

I a young woman who feels like she is 80 years old. I have had severe, unrelenting back pain for the past two years. As with the commenter below, he also minimalized my pain, suggesting I might 'simply' have fibromyalgia. He was more interested in my mental health than my physical pain. His treatment plan for me was that I read his book and take up swimming. I left his office very upset, since he was essentially my only hope at getting real pain relief (apparently I'm too young to operate on so no other types of specialists will even see me). In his defense though, he was quite nice about it.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Based on other reviews here I must have caught him on a bad day. Arrived having read his book and keen to get some help with a 20 year struggle with my back and sciatica. From the outset he seemed to dislike me. Literally never let me finish a sentence. Conducted a cursory physical exam and then made the most confusing personality assessment, stating that he had never met anyone with so little "personal insight". I remember wondering how he could assess my insight without letting me talk. Finally, he told me I had fibromyalgia and I realized all he did was talk his book. After waiting a year to see the man, never left a doctor's office so angry.

Submitted October 27, 2015

Working as a community care nurse I meet many physicians. Firstly when the floor nurse went to get the doctor as requested; I was immediately anxious, as I figured I would be waiting for a while. He arrived almost immediately! Secondarily he not listened openly me out but he had pertinent questions, intelligent responses, and an investigative attitude! He was in every sense of the word a doctor. As a doctor should be. Intuitive, investigative, reflective and care centered. I enjoyed his company, professionalism and intellect as I am certain his patients do. Indicative of this, is my very first MD rating. M.J.De Grandmont Foot care nurse educator, Soft Soles diabetic foot care.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Finestone was outstanding. He not only understood the problem for which I consulted him but he was interested in understanding my life challenges. Because he was so thorough and humorous I left his office feeling so much lighter . Also I haven't needed my customary dose of medication since my consultation.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Finestone's when he was at University Hospital in London, Ontario several years ago. Unfortunately for both of us, I was suffering from chronic neck and back pain for quite some time. He did his best for me, providing me with physiotherapy and extensive medical reports. This was a difficult time for me, as Canada post had just placed me on off-duty status, and I was in the middle of an epic battle with WCB (now WSIB). My previous specialist had difficulty with the timeliness and detail of his medical reports, and a woman I met from WCB said that they were well aware of the situation. By getting Dr. Finestone involved in my treatment, it gave my situation credibility and I eventually returned to work with a suitable accommodation. The reason that I say this now is that I will be retiring in April, and early on this didn't look like a possible outcome. When you reach this point of your life, you look back and sometimes you're grateful about who you had in your corner.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

My visit to the Elisabeth Bruyere Health Center and to a doctor that makes you feel at home is first thing to admire the most. Dr Finestone was a very fine doctor who knows his field perfectly. I have been going though a lot of specialists without any result but Dr Finestone was the only doctor who acknowledge my back pain and suffering I had to endure. He makes you feel comfortable to the point you feel the pain has gone or has been disappeared for a while. I would like to thank him for the treatment I have receive from him. If we have three or four doctors like Dr Finestone in Ottawa, the outcome would be different. Thank you Dr Finestone.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I smile when I think back on my first appointment at Elisabeth Bruyere Health Center. As I stood at the entrance to the waiting room, a man burst into the hallway - walking fast, talking fast, helping people coming up to him with files and questions. Everyone else faded away in slow motion as I watched this very animated man in amazement. He zoomed over to me, with student in tow, graciously introducing himself as Dr. Finestone. I thought to myself...lucky me to have a doctor who appears to be into his job in a gigantic way...if anyone can help me, he can. He did help me a lot more than I had hoped for in the short months that followed. I came to believe that Dr. Finestone works hard, thinks hard, and tries hard to do the very best job he can, with pure intent. I'm very grateful for the time he spent helping me.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2009

I was very impressed with the treatment I recieved from Dr. Finestone. Very smart and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2009

Dr. Finestone is one of the very best. He is so calming and caring and makes you feel like you are in very good hands. I have been to many doctors and none of them have made me feel as comfortable and cared for as I feel with Dr. Finestone. God bless him.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

Dr. Finestone is a fantastic doctor! He is caring, sensitive and very knowledgeable. He helped me through a lot and I will never forget that.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2009