Ratings for Dr. Joe H. Browder

The wonderful thing about Dr. Browser is that he experiences chronic pain himself, so I feel much empathy from him in his treatment of me. My experience with him (excellent) and the PCET has been wonderful in that my quality of life is better. I believe his philosophy in the treatment is pain, at least from my perspective, is to treat me with as little medication as necessary, but enough (along with other treatment modalities) to improve the quality and function of my life, which he has done.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I have been a patient at Pain Consultants of East Tennessee since 2003. Without their expert care and help with pain control, I would be bed-ridden. I will never be pain free because of the damage from my accidental fall. However, I have good quality of life thanks to Dr. Joe Browder, Darren and Brandi. I respect the integrity of Pain Consultants and I know that they monitor my care closely. Likewise, I follow all of the rules and I am grateful for all they have done to help me maintain the level of quality of life I now enjoy. I highly recommend this practice, but don't expect miracles, they can only help if you cooperate fully with their recommendations and procedures. Thank you, Pain Consultants of East Tennessee.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Have had an excellent experience every time I have been there.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Browder for about 15 years now. Yes at times I have had to wait a little longer then I would have liked but for the most part, my appointments have gone very quickly. I can truly say that He has put me back on my feet several times, and helped me to have a normal life. I have had eight spinal surgeries, and lived in pain for many years. Without Dr. Browder's help, I could not have the quality of life I enjoy. I have had many lumbar injections done but he is the only Dr. I would ever let do them again. As he told me, I came there to get out of pain not be put into more pain. I just went through the spinal cord stimulator trial, and it worked great. The whole experience was made better, by the staff he has working for him. I look forward to having the permanent stimulator in place. Thank you Dr. Browder, and thank you to your staff, for the help you have given me. May God bless you for the help you have provided me.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Browder for several years and have a EMT background and live TV production. I HAD severe sciatic nerve trouble from a L5 bulging disc. Dr. Ragland one of the top Neuro Surgeon's in the country, Highly recommended Dr. Joe. Boy was he right, thanks to Dr. Joe and the staff at PCET, I am able to work regularly and with a minimum of pain and no surgery. His injection techniques are perfect. Anyone who says different did not do their home work as they were suppose to do. If you did not notice Dr. Joe suffers every day with severe back pain, so chose your words better before you criticize him. At least he tells you up front what he can and cannot do. That kind of honest bussiness is sorely lacking in America. God Bless Dr. Joe Browder

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Browder going on 4 years. Dr Browder was recommended by my primary physician. I have found Dr. Browder to be an extremely qualified doctor who truly cares about his patients. Coming from Illinois I have found Tennessee's prescription laws to be overly restrictive for people who have chronic back pain issues. I wish to thank Dr. Browder for his professional medical services. Mak S. Pudinoff

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

I have been going to PCET for a very long time. Things have changed a lot over the years. The nurse practitioners (nps) have been given an awful lot of responsibility for your care. You rarely see a doctor (md). Most of the nps are caring, but one or two are a little abrasive. One told me once that if the medicine wasn't helping, she would just stop prescribing it for me! You must follow the contract to the letter or you will be dismissed. Dr. Browder has mellowed over the years and is quite kind and caring. He has a very difficult job to do and tries to do it with the least bit of disruption to your care. He seems to genuinely care about us but he still has to follow government regulations. That's the part we don't like but have to understand. Overall, I don't like going to a pain clinic, but if I have to go, I'm glad it's this one. I just wish the staff were a little more warm and fuzzy to the people who are genuinely in pain. It's insulting and demeaning to be treated like drug seekers.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Always is very clear about what the procedure is and staff also advises of possible side effects and when medicine might take effect. Procedure done without sedation, and Dr. Browder explains what he is doing every step of the way.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

no comments,but this is not a nice place to go if you are in pain an need help for it.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Joe H. Browder

Dr. Joe H. Browder's response
It is unfortunate that you did not have a positive experience at Pain Consultants of East Tennessee. Our physicians, nurse practitioners, and support staff strive to provide each patient with the highest level of multi-disciplinary care to treat their pain needs. This approach to treating pain has been recognized by the American Pain Society, who has named our practice as a Center of Excellence.

Submitted September 10, 2015

Dr browder started off acting like he wanted to be helpful in our case, but as soon as he got pressure from workers comp he turned tail and recinded everything he diagnosed and called me a liar. He has no ethics in my opinion and is more concerned about getting paid than truley helping his patients.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. Joe H. Browder

Dr. Joe H. Browder's response
Dr. Browder has long been recognized as one of the nation's leading pain management physicians and his top priority on a daily basis is to serve the needs of his patients. His ethical obligation toward patients is unwavering.

Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr. Joe H. Browder's Credentials

Joe H. Browder, MD is the senior partner at Pain Consultants of East Tennessee. He has practiced pain medicine since the early 1990s, and founded PCET in 1998. He is triple board-certified in pain medicine (as a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology with Added Qualifications in Pain Medicine, a Diplomate and Fellow of the American Board of Pain Medicine, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians). He is also a Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice from the World Institute of Pain. Dr. Browder is a Roane county native. His formal education includes a bachelor's degree from the University of Notre Dame. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. His anesthesia residency was completed at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital-Philadelphia. He has also earned a Master of Business Administration from the University of Tennessee. Besides his clinical practice, Dr. Browder is also active in working with the Tennessee Medical Association and other medical and governmental agencies to ensure that pain management services in Tennessee are offered by providers with appropriate training and experience, with patients’ well-being as the highest priority. He has been instrumental in the passage of the “Pill Mill Bill” to help reduce problems with prescription medication misuse, abuse and diversion, and met many times with state legislators to try to ensure that all providers performing spinal pain injections are properly trained and qualified. He continues to work with the Tennessee Medical Association, the Tennessee Pain Society and the Governor's Task Force to ensure that patients have access to appropriate pain treatment. Personally, Dr. Browder has been married for over 30 years and has three grown children. He is a long-term member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and is a board member of the local Boy Scouts of America. Dr. Browder has chronic pain issues himself. In 2010, he had a lumbar spinal fusion and has undergone replacement of both knees (including one replacement of a previous replacement). Because of his own experiences with chronic pain, Dr. Browder has a special understanding of the challenges and life alterations that patients undergo when dealing with chronic pain. The practice at Pain Consultants reflects his empathy to the chronic pain sufferer. Dr Browder has been voted a "Top Doc" in 2011, 2012, and 2013 for Pain Management by local area physicians. The honor is published in Cityview Magazine.

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

• CityView Magazine "Top Docs" 2011, 2012, 2013