Ratings for Dr. John Boyd

Poor communication skills - avoiding the family . not responding to relatives when we need some clarifications- too distant and not approachable at all.Zero empathy to patient needs or family concerns -As family I felt that this doctor looked at us as an inconvenience- wow how scare can yo get when you have a Doctor like this one ?

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Met Dr. Boyd in St. Paul's ICU. He was incredibly arrogant, quick to diagnose that my father as a lost cause. He has probably watched too much "house". Dr. Boyd get a heart, people are not disposable, and family imput matters. I'm still trying to figure out why, on our way out of the"comfort room" for the final time, you asked me, if we were going to get an autopsy? Why, were you feeling a little doubtful in the care or lack thereof that he recieved at St. Paul's. It appeared to comfort you when I replied no, he was going to be cremated. Is it common practice to ask if one wishes to have autopsy? Regardless of your answer, you as a Dr., left much to be desired. You did not even bother to fully brief yourself, before telling us he was "dead". Please do you homework, before telling any family they should stop prolonging death. I will never forget you, and only hope you never have to experience the same medical care we recieved from you.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009