Ratings for Dr. Anita K. Rao

I was assigned by workmans comp to see Dr Rao but after seeing her for a year, I wanted to continue seeing her, even after being released from work comp. I only had one drug screen to check for compliance...she was checking to make sure I was TAKING my prescribed pain meds. She is a very sweet, compassionate doctor who truly cares about her patients! The only thing I don't like is that, since she can't do anything more for me than just refilling my meds, I now just see her nurse practitioner, Susan. I can't say that she's my favorite nurse! Dr Rao's nurse, Carol, on the other hand, is WONDERFUL!!! Again, very caring and compassionate!!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I was also Falsely accused of using illegal drugs, by Dr Rao. Specifically methamphetamine, a substance I have had zero experience with in my entire life. She stated her drug test was "infallible" . I left the appointment after being told to find another Pain Dr. I went immediately to a lab, and had another Drug screen run, which was clean. I took the results back to their office, all within an hour hour and a half tops, and of course got no apology or acknowledgment.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

While I usually have to wait to see Dr. Rao well past my scheduled appointment time, I am completely satisfied with Dr. Rao's treatments, skills, diagnosis and knowledge.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr Rao, falsely accused me of using illicit drugs. I denied it, and was told that she actively looked for it since she discovered it in the past. Not all pain patients are drug seeking, and not only was the accusation offencive, but cruel to people who are desperately seeking help, in an industry where they are increasingly under treated, and devalued. I even had a seperate drug test ran, proving, I was telling the truth, and did not revieve even a hint of an apology.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

Dr Rao is a very caring Dr who really listens to you. She works very hard to find the cause of your pain and the best treatment to use.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

Dr. Anita K. Rao's Credentials

• Hindi

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Chesterton, IN