Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Nicoloff

This doctor is dismissive and rude and pompous. He did not help me in the least. According to him as long as my tsh is in the normal range my thyroid disease is not the problem. I will never go back to not only this doctor but the endocrinology department at kaiser baldwin park because this is the culture of this department. You will get nowhere fast and end up frustrated with no progress on your health, well being or quality of life whatsoever.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Had been seeing this doctor for a year. In the beginning he was friendly and interested but he changed after moving to the Kino hospital location. Although my TSH and T4 needs to be checked frequently due to difficulties with the medication, he just dismissed me with the words "your cancer is gone, call in a year." He seemed to be performing for his attentive residents and would not listen to the issues (not many but significant) that had arisen since the last visit three months before. One of the residents expressed shock at the way he was dismissing my concerns. Just before leaving I asked if he wanted to refer me to another endo and he said to look in the phone book. I was unable to get copies of my records or the last blood test results even though it was important to adjust the medication to these results. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Dr. Nicoloff was almost an hour late to my appointment at the end of the day, and instead of apologizing he just wanted to speed through my new patient appointment so he could go home. I was being seen for a possible endocrine tumor. He refused to look at my consults, labs, and scans from other doctors and specialists; and said he could just look at me and tell that I did not have that condition. He did however, call me fat, and recommend Lapband surgery (a poster advertising a symposium for Lapband that he was hosting later in the month, was in the waiting room). He was arrogant, and actually cruel to me. I am very limited due to my insurance in who I can see for specialists, and because of his refusal to review my case, and my refusal to return to a doctor who would treat patients like that, I have continued to have a decline in my condition. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

Dr. Robert S. Nicoloff's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1996)