You may also like

Rate Dr. Anthony Otto

Dr. Anthony Otto's Ratings

I agree with all the negative comments here and could write volumes about Dr. Otto's lack of concern for his patients. He gives you 3 minutes of his time while complaining about his heavy patient load. My advice: DON'T OVERBOOK ! His general comment is : "It's nothing. It'll go away!" I tried looking for 3 years to find a good doctor but none of the highly rated ones were taking new patients. Finally, as a last resort, I walked into a clinic. Must have been my lucky day ... found a young, caring doctor who is knowledgeable who spent over 40 minutes with me, discussing my various health issues. Dr. Otto would only deal with ONE issue per appointment and made me come back. GREEDY MONEY GRAB. He should not be allowed to practice medicine at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2904263].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2015

He's been a great family Dr. for me, and calls it like he see's it. If you are fat, he'll tell you. If you are being a wimp, he'll probably tell you that too. He's the type of Dr. that society needs, not this pretentious self loving hippy stuff. Ya. You might not like to hear what he has to say, but he's probably just saying what no one else will... Great Dr. Seen him for 5 years. Sometimes he's rushed, because he's swamped with so many patients.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2839000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

This is the doctor who was criminally charged with medical malpractice, has several criminal charges and had his license revoked. Enough said.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2836495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2015

I only visited this doctor because my regular physician was away. His taff is terrible, disorganised, has trouble with English and with making arrangements. The doctor himself was 45' late for the appointment, yawned the entire time, showed zero interest in medical my history, conducted zero tests and finally said "just take over the counter medication" for something I had already explained over-the-counter medication had had no effect of four months!
He then admited that it woudl probably be a good idea to see a specialist, yet failed to make an appointment with one, even though I actually gave him the name and address of a specialist myself!
It all seems like a bad dream :-) My doctor's visit may as well never have happened, since it had absolutely zero effect on anything. He appears to have simply ignored the visit, as if it never happend.. it is downright bizararre - no prescription, diagnosis, referral ... noithing.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2571616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

first doctor that has ever listened and taken true time to find a result

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2013

Dr. Otto is a no nonsense kind of guy who says it as he see's it. If your looking for political correctness you won't find it with him but if your looking for the best he can offer he delivers. He's not infallible but I feel confident in his services and would recommend him to any hard working guy who just wants an answer without holding hands. lol

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][432982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

We were looking for PADI dive clearance for my partner who had childhood asthma and after reading quite extensively what we would need to be looking for we looked for diving doctors in the Vancouver area.Dr. Otto's name on the BMS Worksafe Diving Physician's list for commercial divers so we decided to make an appointment as he was the closest to us.Firstly, he was 30 min late and when admitted, we found him to be quite arrogrant and unprofessional.He swore during the session (I told him what the GP had said to us about the issue and he told us that they no f** nothing) and spoke in absolutes without once asking to check my partner's chest.We mentioned that we had read about tests online and he responded with "there is nothing but crap on line." I didn't bother to tell him that I was reading academic articles from medical journals as he seemed incapable of hearing another's opinion. We decided to get a second opinion at VGH's hyperbaric unit and it was the opposite of Dr. Otto's.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][432978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

I became his patient after my doctor sold his practice to zdr.Otto.I was in hospital for 4.5 months after a very bad car accident.He came to checkon me in my third month.hs excuse was that he was busy.My doctor from a walkin clinic attended weekly.Dr.Otto nce told me i ned a fku shot due to my spinalcord problem.I dont have a spinal cord oroblem.He meant my brain injury.I was forced to wait 15 minutes past my scheduled time. so i left

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][432977].votes_count ]]