Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Farnam

Dr.Farnam is a great , caring, wonderful, patient doctor!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2019

Dr. Farnam is an excellent, talented surgeon. I have never recovered so quickly from a surgery. He answered all my questions prior to my surgery, and was extremely polite.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

I have been a patient with this doctor for years and while he is a brilliant surgeon, his bedside manner is sorely lacking. When you have a patient call after hours frightened because of severe swelling and your response is a cold “it’s probably your heart or kidneys” without bothering to see me, or try to calm me down, it is highly disappointing. Telling me I’m wrong and likely very ill over a 30 second conversation is rude and unprofessional. If you don’t want to be interrupted after hours, don’t have an answering service. If you don’t want to discuss possible side effects of medication you prescribe, there is a huge issue. I have spent hours upset and trying to find a doctor to see me because of this.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

I had a prolapse surgery, and am doing very well. I would recommend Dr. Farnam highly

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

After consulting with my PCP and researching reputable internet sites, I felt confident in choosing Dr. Farnam to diagnose and surgically repair a variety of problematic pelvic issues I had developed. The thoroughness of my medical care from beginning to end confirmed that this confidence was not misplaced! Dr. Farnam was caring and friendly, taking all the time needed to answer all questions. Surgery was not considered until a battery of tests (blood work, ultrasound, x-rays, biopsy) ensured there were no complications which could jeopardize a favorable outcome. I was given explicit written information so there were no surprises on what to expect. Detailed instructions were provided so I knew what to do both before and after the surgery. Both the doctor’s and the hospital staffs were competent and friendly. Robotic/laser surgery and recovery ensued with no complications and I’m pleased with the outcome. Thank you, Dr. Farnam!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

El Paso’s hidden gem! Dr. Farnam, his Nurse Practitioner, and his staff are simply AMAZING! I am thankful that God led me to this office and this team! My regular visits, the customer service, care, pre-op, surgery and post-op was far beyond and above my expectations. Friendly and caring atmosphere. My surgery (hysterectomy) was nothing short of miraculous. No pain ever, and it has been 8 weeks now! If you need to or know anyone who needs the best Gynecologist/urologist or was told they need a hysterectomy, please get in touch with his office.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Dr. Farnam is more than excellent!! He performed a complete hysterectomy on me in May of this year and I was astonished that I never had a bit of pain at any time during or after the procedure. Amazing! We in El Paso are so blessed to have him. It never has bothered me if a doctor doesn't have a good bedside manner as long as he or she has great expertise in what they do. Thankfully, Dr. Farnam has both of those qualities. His office staff is so kind and caring as well!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

He was the rudest doctor I have ever seen, was in a terrible mood and treated me like I was bothering him. Very snappy with his questions and even rolled his eyes. I will never go back. It’s too bad because his NP is so kind.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

This doctor seems to be very knowledagble , but his office manager is especially rude. She refused to let me talk to the doctor until I paid my bill for the day, which happened to be $18 after insurance paid their part. Apparently he has enough patients and want one more.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

El Paso is not fortunate enough to have MD Anderson or Mayo Clinic; El Paso citizens are often forced to travel to get specialized care, however we are blessed to have Dr. Farnam and his extraordinary staff. Few realize that Dr. Farnam is one of 28 physicians in the entire country who is trained to perform robotic/laser surgery. Dr. Farnam, who is a gynoeuroligist is not only highly skilled but also delivers exactly what he promises! We are lucky Dr. Farnam has brought his expertise to EP TX.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

Dr. Richard W. Farnam's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2001)