Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Farnam

Since the first interview, there was never a doubt in my mind I had chosen the right doctor. Dr. Farnam always made me feel at ease. On the day of my surgery, Dr. Farnam's professional team came and introduced themselves. They really made me feel comfortable and less anxious. Special thanks to Donna (Office Manager) who brought me reading material and made time go by quickly. Dr. Farnam did an extraordinary work!!!His expertise on "da Vinci" robotic system has made a difference in my life...!!! Once again, thank you!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I saw Dr. Farnam for a second opinion regarding a surgical procedure. I was very impressed with Dr. Farnam. He answered all my questions regarding any concerns I had about the procedure. He is very knowledgeable. He is compassionate and very patient. I wish I had seen him years ago. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Dr. Farnam is an excellent Doctor, my experience having a Hysterectomy and a Prolapse repair was amazingly easy. I have only positive things to say about him and would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Dr. Farnam is great. Very knowledgeable, takes his time with you. Long wait time in office, few appointments available, definitely nothing available if you need to get in because of a problem. The receptionists are VERY rude. Every time I have called they are rude. I almost did not go to my appointment because the front office staff was so rude. Glad I went because the doctor himself is wonderful. Wish he would get more friendly people to be the face of the office though!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I have pretty problems to get an appoiment. the person in from desk is very mean and she gave me the appoiment in 4 month.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Farnam is a very good, compassionate, helpful, sensitive Doctor. Had to find a new one after my doctor passed away suddenly and he is definitely the right person to see.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I was recommended Dr. Farnam by a NP I had seen. The very first appointment (mid 2009) I had I was welcomed by all of his staff. Dr. Farnam was also very friendly and made my first appointment comfortable. He was very attentive in obtaining my full medical history. In the summer of 2010 I began to develop pain on my side and went in for an appointment around the first few weeks of September. We couldn’t locate the string from the IUD he had inserted in 2009 so he referred me to have an ultrasound done to see if it was possible that the IUD become imbedded in my uterus. After having the ultrasound done he advised me that the IUD was still in place. He then advised me that the ultrasound showed that I had a tumor growing on one of my ovaries. He was very compassionate when he told me of the news because to this day I remember not even feeling worried when he said that we would need to schedule a surgery to remove the ovary and tumor. I had the surgery the second to last week of September in which he removed one of my ovaries along with part of the fallopian tube and a cyst that was on my other ovary along with some spots from Endometriosis I had developed from two cesarean deliveries in 2009 and 2001. He performed the surgery via robotic surgery using the da Vinci system and it was an outpatient procedure. I returned home a few hours after the surgery prepared for a lengthy and painful recovery. At the end of the first week I was doing so well and I wasn’t having any pain and Dr. Farnam was pleased to see how quickly I was healing and gave me permission to return to work on October 8th (with restrictions of no lifting over 10 pounds). I went back to work and my co-workers were in shock that I was walking and moving like I never had any procedure done. I was very pleased with my first procedure. I saw him in early November after I began to feel the mass growing inside at the site of my cesarean scar that was becoming very painful. We scheduled the surgery for the first week of December of 2013. He removed the hard mass, again, via the da Vinci robotic surgery. This was also done as an outpatient procedure which had me home a few hours after my surgery. This recovery was no different from my first. After carefully assessing my ability to return to work and asking me questions to address any concerns I had, he gave me clearance to return to work on the week of the 23rd. I had the same no lifting restrictions, but my healing process went wonderful. Once again, around May, I began to develop pain again and made an appointment. We found that the main problem was that I had developed Endometrioma due to my endometriosis. He told me that I had the option of him removing the scar tissue but that it had a large possibility of growing back because of the hormones secreted from my ovary. I was not one bit hesitant when I decided to go with the full hysterectomy. Again, he was very caring and took his time to make sure I was ok with the decision (I was 37 at the time). I had the full hysterectomy done on July 9, 2014 on an outpatient basis via the da Vinci system. He also removed the tissue that had ‘spider webbed’ and had to remove part of my fasha which it had also attached to. He had to put in a mesh to cover the area he had to remove. I went into surgery about 10:30am, was awake about 1pm, and walked 15 rounds in the hallway with my mother at 5pm! I was released about 6:30pm and had seemed to have an even quicker healing process than before. This time I was driving in the second week post surgery. I am eternally grateful that Dr. Farnam performed my surgery in such a way that my daughter’s 15th party on August 2nd I didn’t even think once about my surgery and I spend the night dancing away in my heels and being a good hostess hardly having time to sit down! I would also like to add that although Dr. Farnam prescribed me pain medications after my 3 surgeries I only took them for the first week or so then noticed that I didn’t even feel the need for them anymore because I only had slight soreness. I will always be grateful to Dr. Farnam’s expertise and always happily recommend him to my family and friends. He goes over and beyond what he is required to do. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait at the appointments, but when it's your turn as a patient, one can only appreciate the time, consideration, and honesty that he gives to you. He is also helping me giving me advise and options in my weight loss goals. His greetings always makes me, as a patient, feel that I am important and that he truly does care about my health and well-being. His staff also makes his practice successful. It’s nice when I would check in or call to make my appointments and Donna would always ask me how my students were doing. I know they care about their patients as people, not just as another person walking through their door. I appreciate everything Dr. Farnam, Donna, Zulema, and all of your staff!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

He is all you'd expect from a Cleveland Clinic-trained physician, and more. Ran into him at a function and my friend commented "no one should have a gynecologist that good-looking..." :)

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

From my initial visit through my followup visit today, Dr Farnam and his staff treated me with complete and total respect. The procedure was explained in detail and in laymans terms. I was severly enemic and I needed a total hysterectomy. The warmth and concern that was shown to me from the office staff all the way up to Dr Farnam and Las Palmas Hospital made me feel at ease. Dr. Farnam saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Great doctor and staff... caring and professional. Dr. Farnam takes his time to answer any question you may have. You walk out of his office knowing everything you need or want to know about your problem. I am so thankful I found him.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Richard W. Farnam's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2001)

• Anthem Blue Cross