Ratings for Dr. Marlene R. Moster

Dr. Moster was recommended to me by my optometrist that I had been seeing for nearly 20 years. Since my early 30's I've had high IOP around 22 on both eyes, nearly 10 years later I was diagnosed with Glaucoma after tests showed some vision loss. When pressure started to rise to high 20's I started using drops to manage IOP pressure. Now years after medicine and laser surgery no longer effective, I went to see Dr. Moster to see what my options were. When I talked to her she was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable, especially when she displayed a positive outlook and promised me that she wouldn't let me go blind. The first surgery was called GATT surgery, which was less invasive than Tabeculectomy, but that surgery did not go well since my eye bleed to much and she couldn't complete it. So she performed the trabeculectomy on my right and left eye. The pressure on my right eye 6 months after surgery is 11 and my left eye 1 month after surgery is 13. I am 49 years old and plan on having my site till old age, but without Dr. Moster I don't think the would be possible. I hated the thought of having surgery, but Dr. Moster was so confident in her skills that it make me believe that it was the best option, and now I do believe it, nothing else beside surgery would of helped. Dr. Moster cares very much for her patients and it shows in how she talks to you. She called me next morning to see how I was doing, even after she flew out of state to do a lecture. How amazing is that! I can't thank her enough for what she did. I will continue to see Dr. Moster, I know she is someone I can rely on for the future.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Marlene Moster was a great Ophthalmologist. She was extermely helpful and highly knowledgeable. She showed lots of care and compassion for her clients. As a patient I highly recommend her.She was very professional as well as the other staff there. Not only was she great doctor the overall staff were also. they make you feel comfortable and overall they are great at what they do.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

I am a 51 year old man who has been battling glaucoma since early 20's. I have already suffered significant vision loss and have continuously searched for options to limit future loss. After a trabeculectomy 4 years ago caused immediate incremental loss of vision followed by closure which mitigated effectiveness of pressure control, I was "done" with procedures for fear of acceleration of the very loss of vision I was targeting to decelerate. Other Ophthalmologists I saw for options talked "at" me and told me what I "had to do" and were irritable when I asked "why" and "at what risk". Dr. Moster was referred to me by a trusted Ophthalmologist and my first visit was 2 years ago. The first visit outlined options but in a manner that was consultative. The second visit, almost a year later, she presented the option of canaloplasty. In the last 6 months I have had canaloplasty on both eyes, with a resulting pressure in both of 13 from 18-20. As a patient, I would recommend Dr. Moster not only for her surgical skills and experience with up to date glaucoma treatment, but also her (and her team) for creating an open, honest dialogue on options. I do think it is worthwhile to point out that in the many visits I drive to Philly to see her, every time she was educating, training, and explaining to residents and staff members. On a personal level I take this as a sign of not only her passion for “getting it right” but in the investment to teach and train others. We will see if the canaloplasty is short or long term, but I would recommend Dr. Moster and her team for top quality glaucoma care and treatment.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Moster for about 15 years & without her I would have completely lost my vision. Dr Moster & her staff are wonderful, kind & caring. In my opinion she is the BEST glaucoma doctor in her field. Thank you, Sharkey

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Dr. Moster is the bomb!!!!! She is the best eye specialist in the country displaying superb professionalism mixed with bubbly personality, honesty, and sincere about the work she does and the end result from her work. If they have ballots to select her as one of the top doctors in the nationI would be the first in line dropping her name in the ballot box. Summing up my experience, let me take a phrase form Pharell, "I'm happy"!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr,Moster always puts you at ease and finds common ground to make your visit a more personal one.Extremely knowledgeable and a good sense of humor when you need it.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Marlene Moster my eye sight saving Angel!! I met with her in 07 i was clearly in bad shape her words nearly legally blind!!!! Her medical knowledge has given me a sight she is a caring woman a woman I would want not only as my physician a friend today 2013 I am in a good place pressures are good all is well No more drops which I was on for nearly all my life I am blessed to have found her I am alone now losing my husband I feel I will be alright as long as she is there!!!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Top notch doctor with a great deal of knowledge and a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Likely one of the best glaucoma doctors in the country. She's clearly a very busy person but takes her time with you and demonstrates a very personal interest in you. She has kept my glaucoma stable for years.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Dr. Marlene R. Moster's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1979)

HIP