Ratings for Dr. Natalie Archer

Dr Archer is one of the best, if not the best dentist in Toronto. She is my saviour as she is making my dream teeth come true.. I work on television and my teeth are everything to me and I put every ounce of trust in Dr Archer. Super knowledgeable with a young mind with hi tech services. Very gentle dealing with my sensitive teeth and a book of knowledge to add.... A big WOW for Archer dental, you have a lifetime client. See you soon for my next clean 😁😁 Aaron

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Please beware of this practice. Dr Archer misdiagnosed a serious issue with one my teeth that was only dealt with after i sought a second opinion. The office also kept losing paperwork and mixed up appointments - an altogether upsetting experience. Cannot recommend.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Readers of this site beware: I posted my negative experience at Archer Dental on June 14 2017, but today I found out that the review was removed. Beware of this dentist as she removes negative reviews about her practice, and use your own judgment on all these suspicious glowing reviews on this site. I am re-posting my review here. I will be informing my insurance company about Archer Dental's fradulent charges for my filling. ---------- FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!! My old filling came out and I decided to visit Natalie Archer based on her excellent reviews. She spent about 10 minutes putting the new filling in. I then paid for my filling and was told to file it with my insurance. Guess what happened next. In two weeks my new filling falls out for no apparent reason. This is the first time a filling has not stayed in my tooth for many years. I lost my trust in Natalie Archer and went to a different dentist. New dentist examined the tooth, put the filling back and charged me 1/3 of what I paid to Natalie Archer. When I was paying for my bill, I asked them why it was so little that I had to pay. Receptionist at the new dental office went to the dentist and he came out and asked me why I was concerned about the amount. I showed him the original bill by Natalie Archer, he examined it and said that Natalie Archer OVERCHARGED ME, charging me for 3 surfaces, when the filling was only one surface. So, Natalie Archer charged me three times as much for the work she HAS NOT DONE, just because my insurance would cover it!!! I asked the new dentist as to how easy was it to make such mistake and he said that it was almost impossible to miscalculate drilling one surface and three surfaces. I asked him whether a receptionist at Natalie Archer's office could have made a mistake and the new dentist said that a dentist always tells receptionist which codes and charges to put on the bill, so Natalie Archer was the one telling to put three surfaces. If I had not visited the new dentist, I would have never found out that Natalie Archer FRAUDULENTLY OVERCHARGED MY INSURANCE!!! I am so shocked and disappointed. I am seriously considering to complain to my insurance about Natalie Archer and ask them to investigate her! Be careful with Natalie Archer, CHECK YOUR BILL AND ASK HER TO EXPLAIN WHY SHE IS CHARGING WHAT SHE IS CHARGING YOU! Also, I see that every time Natalie Archer gets a bad review, she responds to it with a question as to who the patient was. I am afraid about a backlash from her, so I will just say that her Rosedale office has a large TV in it and they constantly show some kind of a video of black paint applied to the screen by several Asian people, who are drawing Chinese characters. Then the video is put in reverse. Also, the blond receptionist had some kind of a crystal or diamond inserted in one of her teeth. Finally, when you become a patient, Natalie gives you a white and purple plastic mug to welcome you to the office.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Natalie Archer's response
Hi there, We have reviewed your review and are sorry to hear that you appear to have had a negative experience in our offices. Unfortunately, we are not aware of any direct patient complaint that matches the description of what you have written. It is our sincere hope that any time a patient has a dissatisfactory experience in our offices we are advised of it and given an opportunity to address the issue, including where it may concern a mistake in billing. We would greatly appreciate it if you would give us a call at 416-964-0010 or send us an e-mail at info@archerdental.ca and we would happily discuss the issues you have raised in your complaint. Yours very truly, Dr. Natalie Archer

Submitted June 23, 2017

Please beware of this dentist - she misdiagnosed an issue with one of my teeth resulting in it having to be removed; her staff gave me the runaround over several weeks, having me come in as much as possible, and costing me much valuable time and problems. I have to conclude that many of the positive reviews here are not from real patients, I am afraid.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

As a patient with a long history of bad experiences at many dental offices, I can now say I have found "the one". As a relatively new patient, I was delighted to have found Dr Archer's Rosedale location. Whether it's the fun and friendly receptionists, the very reassuring, professional, and informative dental hygienist Krista, or the warm and welcoming smile of Dr Archer herself, I knew that I would be a repeat patient for many years to come. I was so satisfied with their professionalism and work ethic that I am actively looking forward to my upcoming appointment and I hope to have the same hygienist as well (Krista)! As a patient with a slight dental phobia, my wonderful experience at this office has me recommending their services to everyone I know. There's not many times in life where you get what you pay for, but in this case, their services far exceeded that of the rather reasonable bill at the end of my dental appointment. Thanks again, Dr Archer & staff for the great work! - Steven

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Natalie Archer's response
Dear Steven, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and share your experience, especially knowing your that coming to the dental office has been such an obstacle. On behalf of myself and my team we are so happy for you and elated that coming to the dentist can be a pleasant and enjoyable experience. We have a very skilled and competent team whom I am so proud to work with and be around all day. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for being an advocate!!

Submitted June 15, 2017

My friend referred me to Archer Dental after having an amazing experience and my expirence was no different! I was wowed by the care they took of me - where else can you watch Netflix while having your cleaning!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr. Natalie Archer's response
Netflix is popular and we are happy you enjoyed your treatment and visit with us! Thank you for sharing!

Submitted June 15, 2017

Today was my first visit at Archer Dental and I was so impressed! I'm a very nervous patient and the staff put me at ease - the receptionists were very friendly and my hygienist put me at ease. Dr Archer was lovely explained all the treatment I need and made sure I knew how much everything would cost befor I left. I am so impressed I have already told my friends and family they need to switch and come here!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Natalie Archer's response
We are so happy you took the courage to contact us and are all happy that your visit was positive. You are on your way to a great journey and health is so important. Any questions just come on over and drop by!

Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. Archer is a heavy-handed dentist. Too aggressive. Didn't ask for permission before picking up the drill and shaving away too much enamel, MAKING MY PROBLEM EVEN WORSE than before. She caught me off guard by claiming to be conservative, before I could stop her from doing way too much damage to my teeth. Now I have exposed dentin due to this dentist's negligence. I have sought other professional opinions after this disaster at Archer Dental and those dentists were appalled that my tooth structure was shaved away by Natalie Archer in such a reckless manner.

Dr. Natalie Archer's response
Dear "patient," I find it difficult to believe I would pick up a drill without any discussion to a patient. What was the procedure we were doing? I usually work with an assistant... what was the problem we were trying to resolve? None of this sounds familiar to me. I think anyone can appreciate that any professional would want to understand where this is coming from or the situation if it is in fact true and accurate. It seems that a recent and unusual angle is happening on this site and it is important to know that these reviews can be traced. It is unfortunate that some comments here are actually not from patients. Without ethics we do not have a profession.

Submitted June 8, 2017

As a first time patient I was impressed with the amenities and technology. However, I was left with a $545 Bill- which shocked me. Yes xrays were done and my teeth were cleaned but even with insurance I can't justify to return back to this office for the price.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Natalie Archer's response
Hello new patient, Thank you for your feedback on our amenities and technology. When we book new patients to our office our team will explain we use the ODA fee guide which is the Ontario Dental Association Suggested fee guide . We are happy to answer any cost questions and want our patients to be prepared for their first visit. In your case your $545.00 was a 2 hour new patient visit is itemized as follows: Complete oral exam - $135.00 A full set of xrays were taken for your case: 14 periapicals - $120 and 4 bitewings- $47.00. We only take the necessary amount of xrays. 1/2 unit of polish - $22 Fluoride - $28 3.5 units of scaling - 193 Please feel free to reach out to us directly so we can understand how we could have prevented you from feeling sticker shocked. We want our patients to feel value and well cared for and have quality care. I am happy to speak with you personally so I can learn more and improve in any way.

Submitted June 8, 2017

I was in the process of searching for a new dentist so I called and asked to book an appointment with Dr. Archer. The lady that answered the phone said no but I could book with another dentist. I explained that I am really fearful of dentists so I preferred Dr. Archer. Answer was still no. Dr. Archer already had a busy schedule with patients, conferences and so on but I could gladly see another dentist at the office. Okay, fine, I found another dentist and I love her. Sorry Dr. Archer, not a good impression you left on a nervous patient.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Natalie Archer's response
Hello out there, I am just receiving a note here on this and have forwarded your review to my administration team. I am so sorry this has happened and I do see new patients at both of our locations. Sometimes patients have certain days or times they prefer and so we try our best to accomodate patients' preferences. Please email me directly info@archerdental.ca and I will for sure speak with you personally so I can understand what the communications or nuances may have been. On a positive note I am happy to hear you have found a dentist you are happy with and this is great... really great! If there is a number I can reach you at and time frame I am happy to call you as well so we can improve our communications and messaging to our patients and new patients. I hope this helps!

Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr. Natalie Archer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Natalie Archer has been successfully practicing general, cosmetic and geriatric dentistry in Ontario for over a decade. Dr. Archer owns and operates Archer Dental (www.archerdental.ca) which is all about Advancing Dental care in our Changing World. For over ten years, Dr. Archer practiced mobile Geriatric Dentistry throughout Ontario in over 135 Long Term Care facilities, nursing homes, hospitals and independent residences. Dr. Archer has frequently spoken at conferences related to care for the elderly, including the Canadian Bar Association and the Canadian Conference on Elder Law. She has also been invited by a variety of politicians to offer opinions to geriatric oral health. She has been featured in the Toronto Zoomer Show, Roger's Television and Reader's Digest with respect to her innovation and dental care services and advice on best practices for elder dental care. Health Council of Canada has recognized Runnymede Dental Centre as Canada's most innovative dental practice. Dr. Archer is also active in promoting positive change in the political realm with respect to dental care and has assisted a variety of cities and regions within Ontario with respect to their Fluoride Deputation initiatives. Dr. Archer is passionate and very active about the needs and promoting dental care for seniors and the elderly. Her research and ground breaking work in creating a D.E.A.R project (Dental Elder Awareness Response Program) has awarded her a Federal Grant towards awareness and prevention of Elder Abuse from a dental perspective. She is also the founder of OpenWideGroup.com, an e-publication that serves as a forum for dental professionals to connect and learn from one another. Dr. Archer was awarded Best Dentist Toronto by NOW Magazine and was awarded the Gold Award for Best Dentist by the Bloor West Villager Readers’ Choice Awards. Most recently she received the Award of Merit from the Ontario Dental Association and the Patients' Choice Award from Opencare.

• Lithuanian
  • Punjabi language
  • Portuguese
  • Hebrew
  • Persian

• Dalhousie University (Grad. 2001)

• Award of Merit Ontario Dental Association May 2014