Ratings for Dr. Maru Hailu

I was in urgent care for a severe sore throat, cough, sore ears. I was literally in the office for 3 minutes. Dr M Hailu did not check my chest and said antibiotics were a waste of time. Without checking anything he quickly prescribed a cough syrup after having to ask several times and telling him I was diabetic. The pharmacist was confused as to why I was prescribed an opioid to take 3 times the amount anyone should ever take. Pharmist who was wonderful walked over to have him change prescription. Thank god for her! He was rude dismissive, couldn't be bothered. Seriously considered reporting him to OHIP for a 3 min waste of time.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2018

Dr Hailu started off being a caring and considerate family Dr but after about 3 years he became dismissive, rude and very slack. I had lived 6 years in pain while under his care because of his unwillingness to believe or investigate my repeated complaints and requests to examine the area of pain. He became ruder to me and his treatment more slack each time I visited him over the same issue until I left. Finally under a new Dr and the process of elimination my pain is finally being treated and I feel hope for the future again and am slowly becoming pain free. Trish is a wonderful person and was as helpful as she could be. As far as medications, the pharmacist had to call Dr Hailu and tell him I could not mix two of the medications he prescribed me!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2018

He's so careful about his patients and unlike some other doctors, he doesn't rush to write you a subscription before he examines his patients carefully.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I have had Dr. Hailu for 9 years and find him to be very caring and understanding. He is always there to listen. Trish his receptionist fits me in when it's urgent. So glad to have them both.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

It is very difficult to book an appointment. The phone is usually busy and the answering machine full. The receptionist/nurse didn't know how to use the medical scale. I found Doctor Hailu, as well as the entire staff, to be impersonal and rude. The doctor especially, comes off as quite dismissive and uncaring.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

We were transferred to Dr. Hailu when our old doctor moved her practice. We are very pleased. Dr. Hailu is very caring and listens. He is also very punctual. Which I have no doubt is also because he has an excellent receptionist , Tricia. She too is amazingly helpful. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr Hailu is a great old fashioned Doctor.. There when you need him with just a phone call .. Soooo glad we have him &Trisha

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

This doctor was awful and LAZY. Went to him to have my tb test done...and he couldn't even write down the time I got it done at. Which btw is required. This could have costed me a job potentially as I needed this done properly. Also asked him to fill out and sign for my previous immunizations...and he wrote in all messy writing. Filled it out wrong and didn't even sign his name. Now I'm being told he's not required to write the time. Even though it says so on the form. Find a doctor that listens. Not this guy

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

So glad I found Dr Hailu and Tricia. I find them knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Had Hailu for 9 years I'm thankful for him he listens to me he listens to my daughter. He gets the job done

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017