Dr. Duncan Q. McBride

5 1 3.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. Duncan Q. McBride

Dr. Duncan Q. McBride's Ratings

It was refreshing to feel I was in competent hands with Dr. McBride. He is an expert in his field amd very accomplished. He did my back surgery and I have been pain free for nearly two years. He also did my friend's surgery. Would refer him highly

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2909328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2015

I went to Dr. McBride because of his reputation for excellence as a surgeon. When I made the appointment, I could not have cared less about his bedside manner because I’d had enough of bad bedside from other so-called specialists who told me to “tough it out” and/or to “wait another year and see if it fixes itself.” I was happily surprised to find that Dr. McBride and his staff are outstanding! They were running approximately 20 minutes late on the first visit, and were on time on subsequent visits. Dr. McBride reviewed my case before he came into the exam room. We discussed my case and he listened to my description of all of my symptoms (not just the pain), answered all of my questions and we discussed my treatment options. None of this was rushed in any way – in fact, before he left the room, he asked again if I had any more questions. I didn’t. He was polite, attentive, and did not pressure me to have surgery – it was my decision, and it was a good one. He asked me to call if I had any additional questions. I felt that I could trust him, and I felt that he cared genuinely about me and my spine health.

On the day of the surgery, everything went smoothly. I took the paperwork they’d asked for and they had their paperwork ready. The staff at UCLA was great and treated me like I was their only patient. I’d never been treated so well! Dr. McBride came to see me prior to the surgery, in recovery after the surgery and again in the hospital room. Each time, he was courteous and caring and made sure I was comfortable and had no more questions. I woke in post-op with no nerve pain. Only eight days after the surgery I was out and about, feeling better than I had in months.

I cannot imagine better care. Everyone in Dr. McBride’s office and at the hospital treated me extremely well. I have no problem recommending Dr. McBride to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2775245].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 13, 2015

I went to this DR. few months a go and he was just terrible in each and every way. He lied about everything he said and he was talking bad about all other surgens and how he was the one who trained them all and when I ask him to operate on my back he said " I can't fix what other surgeon fucked up" I don't recommend anyone with back surgery to him.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2774922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr. Mcbride is a complete hack. He done my spine surgery and I had to have it redone with another spine surgeon. I was in miserable pain after his surgery, way worse than before surgery. If it wasn't for another qualified spine surgeon I would have been wheelchair bound for life. Be careful going to this doctor. Needs to seek help for his drinking. My surgeon said that he has left a mess inside my spine and took him hours to fix. Don't be fooled with the Ivory Tower that Dr. McBride hides behind. UCLA or not. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2750901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

CONCEDED, ARROGANT, KNOW IT ALL!!!

Dr. Mcbride has a huge complex. He thinks that he is better than anyone. He doesn't listen to your concerns and pain. He thinks he is Mr. Know It ALL and loves to bash other doctors and surgeon. He told me straight out that my doctor who did my neck surgery was scum (even though I wasn't there for my neck, which I have done amazingly well and have absolutely no pain). I was sent to him by my attorney for my low back when I was in a car accident. I didn't like Dr. Mcbride's approach nor his charlatan demeanor. I think both him and my attorney are scumbags and in it for the money. Insurance companies need to investigate these sort of PI doctors.
Do yourself a favor and avoid this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 10 [[ userState['ratings'][2734597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Dr. McBride told me everything that I wanted to hear before surgery and promised that the operation would include a vital piece of hardware to replace the disk that was removed. I was in terrible pain just a couple of months after surgery and I completely lost confidence in Dr. McBride. I started asking family and friends for a referral to a doctor that they trust and I finally got a referral several months later. I discovered from the new doctor that McBride never installed the surgical device that he said would be part of the operation. I tried to find out why, and also to get answers to some other questions I had about my surgery but the hospital, UCLA said they don't owe me even answers. I requested all of my records and it took the hospital about two years to get around to providing the records. I had to call and write multiple times to get my records.

I would recommend that people NOT have any operation conducted by McBride or at UCLA hospital. Even though they often have good outcomes, if you end up with a bad outcome you are tossed away with no sympathy whatsoever. It is criminal how they have conducted themselves and my health has been ruined.

Was this rating useful? 12 [[ userState['ratings'][2698506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

I went to see Dr Mcbride because he's one of very few neurosurgeons that accepts the Covered California insurance plan. I was examined by a fellow doctor from Canada who was a very nice doctor. I waited in the examining for about an hour before Dr Mcbride came in. He personally didn't physically examine me at all. He looked at my MRI and said I have a surgery for you. Sparing all the details I personally found Dr Mcbride's attitude and arrogance to be very unprofessional. I got the feeling as though I was dealing with a used car salesman. As hard as I tried, just couldn't bring myself to trust him. In the end I'm very happy I listened to my intuition. It's critical to trust your surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 10 [[ userState['ratings'][2651663].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

Thank God I found this surgeon. Dr McBride did a hardware removal surgery on me in April. Other surgeons wanted to do other procedures that were not necessary. He has also made sure I had good post surgery therapy. He is a intelligent, kind surgeon. I would rate him as excellent. I also like Camille who works in his office. His reputation is one of the best surgeons in CA, and I can see why. Thank you Dr McBride for helping me with my spine issues.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2566733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

What you want in a surgeon is great hands, experience, focus and flexibility. And what happens in the waiting room, etc., is all unimportant compared with what happens in the operating room. Dr. McBride had planned to do a certain procedure on my neck but found, when he got in there, things were more complicated than he had anticipated and he had to invent a new procedure! A "cookbook" surgeon wouldn't have recognized the need to improvise to get the best outcome, much less be able to figure out what should be done. It took Dr. McBride two extra hours to complete the operation , which must have messed up his schedule. The clinic he works out of, UCLA Spine Center, doesn't run as smoothly as it might. Oh well. It was worth any waiting I did to feel as I do. And to top it all off, he has a wonderful sense of humor.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2359935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. McBride took the my case, when I was a difficult candidate for surgery, being overweight and not in the greatest of conditions. The surgery was complicated, but went, because he took the time to correct several problems. I believe gave me a new life because I feel so much better and I'm able to walk and St without pain. Thank you Dr. McBride.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2359934].votes_count ]]