Ratings for Dr. Shoshanah Deaton

The staff calls and is very misleading. They give instructions to go for tests without even telling patients why. One made my 80 year old grandma who is legally blind tick off some extra things on her blood work req and then denied the entire thing. I'm very dissatisfied with then. The doctor herself as a person is nice but as a doctor I wouldn't recommend her if you're looking for compassion, knowledge and understanding. The clinic as a whole needs to treat elderly people better and take responsibility for their actions.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

I've never had a Dr as rude and dismissive as Dr. Deaton. No bed side manner what so ever and she makes you feel like you are not familiar with your own symptoms and body. I left feeling like it was a big inconvenience for her to see me.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

She is a good doctor for me and my family. Saw a lot of doctor before and she is one of the best doctor. She listen and take care of her patient. When she's not sure she will investigate and not afraid to do some test and refer to a specialist. She solve my issue i had for more then 20 years because she listen to me and didn't judge me. She was helpful. Also she's not gave medication prescription all the time. She's young but she's welling to learn and you can feel it. I recommend her any time.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Very caring and personable. She takes her time to listen and you never feel rushed

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

I often feel that we are not on the same page with this doctor. I always had better attention and compassion from other doctors , replacing her during absences. I do not feel real connection doctor-patient.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

I have had her as my family doctor for many years now. She's often on maternity leave and when she does see me, she makes me feel as though my problems are a joke to her. Almost every time she send me to another doctor because she's not knowledgeable enough in the field. I have more confidence in the doctors that replace her when she's absent. I try to stay as healthy as I can because I dont want to see her. I wish I could change family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I am with Dr. Deaton since 8 years (2009) and I like her so much. She his very nice, calm and not to much late. She take care of my health and she have a very good knowledge. Also I think that her father was a doctor. So she know what she his doing. She his very good with Seniors and I recommended this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

She is the best doctor I ever had!!! She takes the time need to assess you medical needs!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I’m with Dr, Shoshanah Deaton since about 5 years. And I am very satisfied with Shoshanah for me; the best family doctor. She’s a very knowledgeable doctor. She takes the time to listen and rarely late. I am in the sixties and she is very attentive about my health. Every time I go to my appointments with her, when I leave her office, I feel fine, because I am comfortable with her. For some people which have criticized her; they didn’t give her any chance and they misjudged an excellent family doctor at the Medical Clinic of Rockland Ontario.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Deaton is pretty good. She definitely puts me at ease with I'm with and I do find her to be pretty compassionate. Although I have no major health issues so I'm a pretty easy patient to deal with. The only downfall is that she is almost NEVER on time. I have seen her several times over the past few years and she is late more than half the time and by quite a bit. When she does show up she offers no apology and once, when I was obviously quite annoyed after having waited for MORE then an hour she seemed quite stunned. I'd recommend her, definitely, but if you book an appointment plan on being there a while.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014