Ratings for Dr. Shoshanah Deaton

I’m with Dr, Shoshanah Deaton since about 5 years. And I am very satisfied with Shoshanah for me; the best family doctor. She’s a very knowledgeable doctor. She takes the time to listen and rarely late. I am in the sixties and she is very attentive about my health. Every time I go to my appointments with her, when I leave her office, I feel fine, because I am comfortable with her. For some people which have criticized her; they didn’t give her any chance and they misjudged an excellent family doctor at the Medical Clinic of Rockland Ontario.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Deaton is pretty good. She definitely puts me at ease with I'm with and I do find her to be pretty compassionate. Although I have no major health issues so I'm a pretty easy patient to deal with. The only downfall is that she is almost NEVER on time. I have seen her several times over the past few years and she is late more than half the time and by quite a bit. When she does show up she offers no apology and once, when I was obviously quite annoyed after having waited for MORE then an hour she seemed quite stunned. I'd recommend her, definitely, but if you book an appointment plan on being there a while.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr. Deaton is a great doctor. For you guys to complain she was off on maternity leave twice, HELLO, she's a woman of child bearing age, who has started a family. If this is an issue for you, find a male doctor. Dr. Deaton is no nonsense. I always find her pleasant and she knows her stuff. I have had to see her for a pap, and she put me at ease immediately and referred me to an excellent OBGYN. She is extremely punctual and the only reason I didn't give her a five for knowledge is because she's young and still has many years ahead of her to gain even more experience and knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

She appears to have little knowledge in most areas. She seems disinterested and uninvested in her patients. She makes the patient feel like a nuisance and (as previously mentioned) does not listen to symptoms or see patients as experts in their own bodies. Dr Deaton shows no empathy and is not thorough at all.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Have had Dr. Deaton for 3 years but she has been off on maternity leave twice. There have been no follow-ups on different medical issues although she did have another doctor replacing her. She did not seem to know much about my specific medical condition and was not able to co-ordinate all the different tests done by my two specialists.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Does not trust in her patient's own knowledge of their symptoms. Does not apologize for not believing you even when testing indicates you have what you insisted on that she was unwilling to even consider. Wish we'd gone with someone else when we tried to find an MD.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

She was the first doctor to take seriously my complains which finally led to a diagnosis of celiac after 20+ years of complaining to other doctors. Willing to listed to health complains and investigate them. Happy that she does not reject naturopathic medicine right off the back but I can bring to her questions and suggestions. I had a reaction to one of the vaccinations and while other doctors brushed it off as something else, she was thorough to investigate and call it what it was. Happy with her, would recommend her to anyone. She is the first doctor I feel is truly my partner in my health and that she cares. I trust her.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

I got her as my family doctor. she's very calm and patient, but sometimes seems a little lost as to what you're trying to explain.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

I go to her for my baby all the time and she doesn't seem to ever know whats wrong with him and just kinda says : oh thats just normal, it will pass, this is just a baby problem ( she diagnosed a heat rash as baby acne) she's real nice and punctual but she seems to lack in diagnosing problems properly.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

Appreciated Doctor's punctuality. First appt. and initial impression was very positive. Seems very thorough and genuine.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010