Ratings for Dr. Philip S. Schoenfeld

Dr Schoenfeld is a phenomenal doctor! He is incredibly professional and direct about how he can help a patient. If he cannot help he will be honest about it and try to refer you to someone that can. He views surgery as a last alternative and will not perform it if he doesn't think it to be a viable solution. He performed surgery on my nose and has changed my life for the better. My breathing is marginally better and my overall life has benefited as a result. He was very comforting throughout the entire process and made himself available to all questions and concerns, and I had a lot. I cannot say enough good things about him as a doctor and a person. I highly recommend him to anybody that has issues with their nose.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr. Philip Schoenfeld is one of the most professional, pleasant and effective medical professionals I have ever encountered. He goes well beyond impeccable medical attention with optimal results to providing excellent referrals to specialists in other fields. Under his care, I am confident that I am in the best of hands and need not doubt his recommended courses of action. Dr. Philip Schoenfeld is one of the most professional, pleasant and effective medical professionals I have ever encountered. He goes well beyond impeccable medical attention with optimal results to providing excellent referrals to specialists in other fields. Under his care, I am confident that I am in the best of hands and need not doubt his recommended courses of action. I cannot recommend Dr. Schoenfeld highly enough.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

My wife saw him for routine nose injury. Spent 10 minutes with her with and billed us $720.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I had a severe case of sinus polyps that required surgery. Dr. Schoenfeld could not have been better throughout the process -- from discussing options prior to surgery, to the surgery itself, to the post-surgery treatments. He is knowledgeable, and contrary to some of the comment I saw elsewhere on this site, he was excellent and patient in terms of explaining things to me. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Walked in the door with severe sleep apnea, unable to even breathe through my nose; a few days later, no sleep apnea, and no trouble breathing through my nose. Dr. Schoenfeld performed a conservative turbinate reduction procedure -- just a few minutes in the office, and just a few days of recovery -- and my breathing and sleep quality have been drastically improved since. In the time since the procedure, I've found it very easy to schedule follow-ups as needed, and I definitely trust Dr. Schoenfeld's opinion over any other ENT I've seen. Office staff is also very friendly and relaxed -- between the doctor and the medical assistant, I wasn't nervous at all the day of my procedure. Online appointment booking is very convenient!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

My 4 year old broke his nose. The clinic saw us the same day I called and his nose was fixed the next morning. The surgery was done beautifully and my son never had 1 complaint. Our follow up appointment was very pleasant and quick. I definitely recommend this doctor and practice.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I had a revision rhinoplasty that Dr. Schoenfeld performed. I was not pleased with the results. However, after reading some of the other reviews of people used his services, I feel thankful that I had not suffered what they suffered. True, he was dismissive. True, he was just out for the money. Also, he was the most arrogant and condescending doctor I have ever met. The damage he did to me was more of humiliation than anything else. However, he did not do a great job in terms of surgery. I could have forgiven that, but to humiliate and demean someone who has paid you $10,000, is beyond disbelief. To him, I was a nobody. He treated me as such. This left an indelible and damaging imprint in my mind. It has made me so much more cynical than ever. I avoid doctors like the plague, now. Use at your own risk.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I went to see Dr. Schoenfeld for trouble breathing while sleeping, thinking I may need surgery. He looked in my nose with a camera and then rushed me out very quickly saying "you're fine." I know I'm not fine, that's why I took time out of my day and paid to see you. So I went elsewhere for a second opinion. I had a minor and temporary issue that the other doctor explained very carefully and patiently. It was more of a "you're going to be fine" with respect for my intelligence. The Feldman ENT office also seemed very geared towards cosmetic surgery.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

awful man; could not care about you, interested in $ only and to get his pictures in "people in Washington" mag. Operated on my sinuses to get money, not to treat my pb...

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Do not make the same mistake that I made; this doctor did an OK job but not great. He is mostly an ENT, not a plastic surgeon in my opinion. I should have done more research and found someone better.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Philip S. Schoenfeld's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Chevy Chase, MD