You may also like

This is by far the worst dr I've ever met ..I feel bad just saying like that but it's the truth .if your looking for someone to care for you with compassion and good bed side manner this is not the Dr I could care less how he dresses as long as he is clean but he has no warmth he never asks questions and you definitely feel as if your a burden . This doctor has alot to learn . I wouldn't recommend him unless your just going in for something simple like heartburn then he's your man

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

Very grimey almost robotic felt very uncomfortable with him. Didn't listen to my problems very much take two but don't call him in the morning. Not recommended extremely arrogant people skills are nill

Submitted November 4, 2015

He is not the doctor for the ones who need opinion or help. Robotic approach, always in hurry, worst is poor listener and no follow up even when u require d most. He can not relate to what patient want. Do not opt him if u need serious care n attention :(. I 'm very disappointed.

Submitted September 11, 2015

Best doctor I've ever had! Patient, kind, calm and caring. Listens and really tries to help! I recommend this doctor! Surprises me to read some of these comments, as he uses his knowledge and conducts his duty as a physician productively. Fantastic bedside manners, punctual with time! If you want an honest, sincere and helpful doctor than don't look twice. You've found him.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Do not go to this doctor. I cannot stress enough how terrible he is. He was fine to see for yearly check ups, but once I got pregnant and actually needed him to do things for me, it went downhill. He rescheduled my first prenatal appointment 4 times and if I hadn't pleaded with a nurse at Dominion's other location, I would have missed the window for the early genetic testing. The office also called me back stating it was an 'emergency' that Dr. Shah sees me TODAY, but I was out of town. They wouldn't tell me what was wrong, or if it was affecting my pregnancy, and told me that Dr. Shah wasn't working there again for 2 weeks, so I had to wait and come back in 2 weeks. I couldn't go to a walk-in or see any other doctor, they said. I asked if Dr. Shah could call me to discuss what was wrong, and they said "if Dr. Shah thought it necessary to call you, he would call you". I don't understand how this is patient 'care'. How can you tell me it's an emergency then not let me come in for 2 weeks? Even if it turns out that nothing is wrong, the stress they've put me under with this waiting is unacceptable. I have to spend the next two weeks wondering if there are complications with my pregnancy. If you actually need a doctor to talk to, or care about you at all, do not use this doctor. I plan to file a formal complaint.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I do not understand the negative comments. I really appreciate Dr Shah. I especially appreciate that he keeps to his appointment times. If I wish to discuss a number of issues I ask for a double appointment. Dr. Shah saved my life when he diagnosed a severe heart condition that required open heart surgury. He has been my family doctor for four years and he continues to be my family doctor. On a personal note Dr.Shah has a keen sense of humor you just have to get to know him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Dr Shah maybe a knowledgeable doctor but i wasn't given the opportunity to find out. i've seen him two times and I'm not sure he will be a successful physician. I only went to see him because he was the only doctor accepting new patients and i was new to Edmonton. He has no people skills at all. Very arrogant and has an attitude of "i'm smarter than you and don't have the time to listen to non-sense". He left the room without ending our conversation or even saying bye. A nurse had to come let me know the appointment was over. What?? I was very confused. Anyway he made me feel uncomfortable, left extremely upset and he is like a robot. He decided to diagnose me in 2 minutes and told me I had to go on medication...... thats it. I'm not a tough critique but Shah is someone who was extremely unhelpful. I will never see him again and don't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

I saw Dr. Shah at Dominion Medical clinic 4 years ago. I was new in town and looking for family physician. He may be a good Doctor but he was totally robotic. It seems he was not interested in me at all. No smile or any assurances. I will rather try home remedies than to see him. I never went to see him I again. So I can not comment on his medical expertise.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

This doctor is the biggest idiot ever. I took my 3 year old son to see him because he was wheezing and had a high fever, Dr Shah assured me it was 'just a cold' and 'not to worry.' less than 12 hours later, I took my blue, barely breathing son to the ER. turns out the poor kid had pneumonia and was having an asthma attack. I may be a nurse but pediatrics is not my specialty. He didn't even bother to listen to his chest or check his ears. I would rather bleed out in the waiting room than see this quack.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Shah is the best GP I have had. He is rather stoic, but that is something I appreciate. Even in his stoicism, I can tell he is full of compassion for his patients. I don't find him arrogant in the least. He dresses professionally, so I don't get the upset on here about his appearance - not to mention that how he dresses has little impact on how competent he is as a Doctor. He is thorough and He is kind. He utilizes primary care both in the clinic and via the southside primary care network. I have had a rough year and it is because of his care that I am doing so much better. If you are looking for a GP, I recommend Dr. Shah with full confidence that he will not disappoint.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr. Aanand Shah's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "This is by far the worst dr I've ever met ..I feel bad just saying like that but it's the truth .if your looking for someone to care for you with compassion and..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Pathetic! I stopped going to Dominion because of shah. "

December 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very unprofessional immoral person unfit to be a doctor tbh"

November 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very grimey almost robotic felt very uncomfortable with him. Didn't listen to my problems very much take two but don't call him in the morning. Not recommended..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He is not the doctor for the ones who need opinion or help. Robotic approach, always in hurry, worst is poor listener and no follow up even when u require d mos..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor I've ever had! Patient, kind, calm and caring. Listens and really tries to help! I recommend this doctor! Surprises me to read some of these comment..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Do not go to this doctor. I cannot stress enough how terrible he is. He was fine to see for yearly check ups, but once I got pregnant and actually needed him ..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I do not understand the negative comments. I really appreciate Dr Shah. I especially appreciate that he keeps to his appointment times. If I wish to discuss a n..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shah maybe a knowledgeable doctor but i wasn't given the opportunity to find out. i've seen him two times and I'm not sure he will be a successful physician...."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Shah at Dominion Medical clinic 4 years ago. I was new in town and looking for family physician. He may be a good Doctor but he was totally robotic. ..."

October 31, 2014
  • First Name changed from "A." to "Aanand"

January 10, 2013