You may also like

Rate Dr. Aanand Shah

Dr. Aanand Shah's Ratings

Best doctor I've ever had! Patient, kind, calm and caring. Listens and really tries to help! I recommend this doctor! Surprises me to read some of these comments, as he uses his knowledge and conducts his duty as a physician productively. Fantastic bedside manners, punctual with time!
If you want an honest, sincere and helpful doctor than don't look twice. You've found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2838982].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Do not go to this doctor. I cannot stress enough how terrible he is. He was fine to see for yearly check ups, but once I got pregnant and actually needed him to do things for me, it went downhill. He rescheduled my first prenatal appointment 4 times and if I hadn't pleaded with a nurse at Dominion's other location, I would have missed the window for the early genetic testing. The office also called me back stating it was an 'emergency' that Dr. Shah sees me TODAY, but I was out of town. They wouldn't tell me what was wrong, or if it was affecting my pregnancy, and told me that Dr. Shah wasn't working there again for 2 weeks, so I had to wait and come back in 2 weeks. I couldn't go to a walk-in or see any other doctor, they said. I asked if Dr. Shah could call me to discuss what was wrong, and they said "if Dr. Shah thought it necessary to call you, he would call you". I don't understand how this is patient 'care'. How can you tell me it's an emergency then not let me come in for 2 weeks? Even if it turns out that nothing is wrong, the stress they've put me under with this waiting is unacceptable. I have to spend the next two weeks wondering if there are complications with my pregnancy. If you actually need a doctor to talk to, or care about you at all, do not use this doctor. I plan to file a formal complaint.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2750260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I do not understand the negative comments. I really appreciate Dr Shah. I especially appreciate that he keeps to his appointment times. If I wish to discuss a number of issues I ask for a double appointment. Dr. Shah saved my life when he diagnosed a severe heart condition that required open heart surgury. He has been my family doctor for four years and he continues to be my family doctor. On a personal note Dr.Shah has a keen sense of humor you just have to get to know him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2669268].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

Dr Shah maybe a knowledgeable doctor but i wasn't given the opportunity to find out. i've seen him two times and I'm not sure he will be a successful physician. I only went to see him because he was the only doctor accepting new patients and i was new to Edmonton. He has no people skills at all. Very arrogant and has an attitude of "i'm smarter than you and don't have the time to listen to non-sense". He left the room without ending our conversation or even saying bye. A nurse had to come let me know the appointment was over. What?? I was very confused. Anyway he made me feel uncomfortable, left extremely upset and he is like a robot. He decided to diagnose me in 2 minutes and told me I had to go on medication...... thats it. I'm not a tough critique but Shah is someone who was extremely unhelpful. I will never see him again and don't recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2665164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I saw Dr. Shah at Dominion Medical clinic 4 years ago. I was new in town and looking for family physician. He may be a good Doctor but he was totally robotic. It seems he was not interested in me at all. No smile or any assurances. I will rather try home remedies than to see him. I never went to see him I again. So I can not comment on his medical expertise.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

This doctor is the biggest idiot ever. I took my 3 year old son to see him because he was wheezing and had a high fever, Dr Shah assured me it was 'just a cold' and 'not to worry.' less than 12 hours later, I took my blue, barely breathing son to the ER. turns out the poor kid had pneumonia and was having an asthma attack. I may be a nurse but pediatrics is not my specialty. He didn't even bother to listen to his chest or check his ears. I would rather bleed out in the waiting room than see this quack.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][434363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2013

Dr. Shah is the best GP I have had. He is rather stoic, but that is something I appreciate. Even in his stoicism, I can tell he is full of compassion for his patients. I don't find him arrogant in the least. He dresses professionally, so I don't get the upset on here about his appearance - not to mention that how he dresses has little impact on how competent he is as a Doctor. He is thorough and He is kind. He utilizes primary care both in the clinic and via the southside primary care network. I have had a rough year and it is because of his care that I am doing so much better. If you are looking for a GP, I recommend Dr. Shah with full confidence that he will not disappoint.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][434362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

About to report Dr Shah today after finding out that my husband has a problem with his heart and Dr Shah failed to relay this information. My husband found out today after scheduling a meeting to find out why he is incurring problems getting insurance (well go figure!). He had his back turned the whole time when passing along this potentially life changing information! Totally disgraceful. He told my husband that he should have called to find out the results...the ECG was 2 years ago!!! Not only is this totally negligent, but unprofessional and inexcusable. Will be swapping doctor immediately!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][434368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

I've seen Dr Shah about 6 times in walkin when my dr was not available. His "bedside" manner is not the best I admit, he is generally in a rush (again only seen him in walkin), and is maybe a little awkward, but has never been rude. he has given me a "what for" for not getting my xrays done when he has ordered them-my bad. He looks like a young doctor, and people don't generally like getting medical advice or chastised from people who might look their age-- i have no problem with this. He has been thorough and polite when i've seen him. the clinic has called me to report abnormal test results and either arrange f/u with him or ensure i have f/u. I am a healthcare professional and work with many physicians--maybe thats why i place more importance on his medical skills than his appearance. He is always very nicely dressed--which i'm surprised other people describe as "inappropriate"- you find a nice a shirt and tie is inappropriate? i will definitely see him again when needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][434361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2013

He has the phenotype of the rushed physician but is knowledgeable and helpful. He has been my family doctor for about a year now and I have no desire to switch. I do not understand why some people give him such bad ratings!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][434360].votes_count ]]