Ratings for Dr. Melanie C. Barron

When I first started seeing Dr. Barron, I was desperate, so I kept going, kept doing what she told me to, and continued to maintain trust that things were going to get better. On every visit, I would express my frustrations that I wasn't getting better. She kept giving me more drugs on top of drugs. After 2 1/2 months I landed in the ER after she doubled my dose while my blood work was showing problems with my liver function. After that, I quit all meds and started juicing - mainly because solid foods were very painful. Ultimately I figured out on my own that my RA flare-ups were actually being triggered by hormones due to menopause. She was aware of all my symptoms, but if something didn't make sense to her she just shrugged her shoulders and moved on. She is a DO, acting as a traditional MD. You would do better by researching RA yourself and finding your own solution. I'm doing much better now managing my own health, but only after much research. Look beyond drugs.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Melanie C. Barron's Credentials

• The University Of Health Sciences, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Azfmc - Az Foundation Medical Care