You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter Hawrylyshyn

Dr. Peter Hawrylyshyn's Ratings

I have delivered my first son Dr. Hawrylyshyn 12 years ago. The experience was horrible. All I wanted was a natural delivery, but Dr. Hawrylyshyn just laughed in to my face. I was humiliated many times during the time of my delivered. This experience scared for life. After that I had two babies at home with midwives, surrounded by love and support.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2899179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2015

Dr. Hawrylyshyn has been my Ob/Gyn from 1998. I was referred to him as a high risk patient after I miscarried that fetus. In the beginning I wasn't impressed. But when I got pregnant in 2003 with my first child he became my Ob again as my real Ob Dr. Isadore Eisen was scaling back his practice and referred me to him. I again was a high risked patient through the 4 pregnancies and 3 live births. The wait times were ridiculously long and not all of the staff were wonderful but through all those hassles, I began to see a quietly funny and gentle man over the years. He was brief buthad a good demeanor over the years. I told him that he was the most gentlest Dr. ever and he blushed. I have come to appreciate him and Danielle ( his Nurse) over the years. I still have a note from him stating "to see Dr.Jarvii for a vasectomy" when I returned to him for the third pregnancy in 3 years. It was a joke but that's one of my fondest memories of him over the years. However. In the beginning I noticed some abruptness in his candor and he didn't appear the friendliest in some visits but overall, I have become an appreciative patient of his. I just saw him a few weeks ago and it was a pleasant visit. Over the years that I had visited the office I would always make sure that my appointments were first thing in the morning. It didn't guarantee that they would always be on time but that I would get out in a reasonable time after my overnight shifts. The earlier the better and that worked for me over the years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2894392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

If you actually want to see a doctor during your pregnancy, go elsewhere. decently knowledgeable Dr, however wait times exceed 2 hours for a 10-15 minute session with the doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2891694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

all in all I had a good experience with him and he came to check up on me and baby even though he wasnt there to deliver. did not like that he is RARELY in the office and has someone covering for him. She doesnt care half as much and doesnt take his patients seriously. She booked me for a c section before talking to Dr H or myself. Dr H ended up cancelling this and I had a natural birth. Make your voice heard especially if Dr H is not there and ask lots of questions - he is patient and answers them all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2856401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

This mfer is never around and has the compassion of a butcher. Throughout my experience with him, i seemed to be the one guiding my care and prognosis. He had few opinions and would contradict everything his covering doctor would advise. he is never on time snd extremely rude. Some of his golden words of advice included: "i don't think metform8n works." (that with clomid is what facilitated my pregnancy at 39). "i can't do anything if you are miscarrying, there is no magic pill" (i was not miscarrying but had SCH). "Go to emergency if you are do worried" (This time i was undergoing a late term miscarriage at 17 weeks where i lost my son). I strongly advise against becoming his patient!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2848269].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

He has been my Ob/ Gyn for over 12 years. He is very gentle and has a funny demeanor that comes out every now and then. Usually he is a man of very few words, but for the most part very gentle. I have told him that he is the most gentlest Gynecologist ever. He humbly accepted the compliment. It is true however that you may have to take the day off from work when going there or make sure that you get the earliest appointments available.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2791635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I'm in my 3 trimester and I only seen him once there is always a doctor filling him and the only thing she does is ask if you have any questions.....she is the one that have to read the history papers and tests and let me know what's going on with me...I'm not a doctor I have no idea what to ask if I don't know what is my situation or if I have something to worry about it... anything else I can google it...she basically doesn't say anything...at least "ok I just check the paper work and you are fine" my appointment took me 5 min and I got 3 words from her "hello" "any questions" "bye"......not helpful at all...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2773554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I'm in my 3rd trimester and I've seen dr h a total of 3 times. He always has another doctor filling in for him. Appointments are 5 mins long and super rushed. Hope im not the only one feeling this way.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2770987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Hawrylyshyn and his staff have been very helpful and kind through multiple pregnancy of mine. They are considerate and always accommodating, they go the extra mile to help. Dr. Hawrylyshyn made sure the best care was giving to me after complications with my delivery that occurred in a hospital other then Mount Sinai. He personally spoke to the ER staff and made sure no procedures were preformed without consulting him first. He even came into the hospital on his day off to see that I was recovering well.
I have nothing but kind words for Dr. Hawrylyshyn.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2686478].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

My mother and I were both referred to Dr. H after our gynecologist, Dr. Bernstein, retired. I found him to be short and dismissive. My mother, even worse, was told she had a prolapsed uterus and Dr. H spent 5 minutes explaining this to her, and booked her surgery for a hysterectomy. After going for a second opinion, my mother was then told she had a prolapsed bladder, not uterus. As a nurse I find this completely absurd and the fact that he would spend 5 minutes explaining (if you would call it that) a life changing surgery to a middle aged woman is awful patient care. I would never recommend this doctor to any of my patients or friends.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2661963].votes_count ]]