Dr. Peter Hawrylyshyn

Ratings for Dr. Peter Hawrylyshyn

This surgeon is frighteningly INSENSITIVE and grossly incapable of empathy. I'm not sure why he's chosen this as his choice profession as he has no sense of limit when addressing a woman. My first birthing experience was at a completely different hospital and the delivering Dr basically treated me like a number there was NO discussion about complications she pulled out a vacuum and some scissors and without so much as a heads up cut me and suctioned my child (there was no reason she had no patience) As most women can imagine that's horrifying for a first time experience. A wave of emotions took over me I didn't even want to hold my child!!! TRAUMATIC! I was recommended to mount Sinai from a number of ppl however when I got there and was asked by this Dr what happened and why i needed to address possible depression or talk to someone about a traumatic experience, he told me that he doesn't feel I need it because the outcome of the experience was ultimately MY FAULT and I shouldn't blame the Dr. SOOOOOOOOO I'm in pain I'm pushing out a child in agony dr has done this a million times but its MY FAULT i didn't ask the right questions before the scissors and vacuum. ?????? THAT'S HER JOB TO EXPLAIN WHATS GOING ON TO ME THE IGNORANT FIRST TIME MOTHER! IN what world is it MY FAULT my family was there and NO ONE knew what was happening. Needless to say this MAN has no clue about anything that relates to a woman and not to mention he is absolutely ARROGANT. He kept rambling about me not taking ownership of my part in the failed experience and kept going on and on about it being my own fault. I couldn't believe what I was hearing just to have this man negate my experience and basically TELLING me of my wrongs when he has NO CLUE what he is even talking about he wasn't even there!!!!! After a rain fall of tears came down my face as i'm trying to make sense of his arrogant ignorant statements I realized he's simply in this profession to make money no love no human factor no nurture no kindness, you're just a passing number swipe your card get him paid shut up and get out. Only great thing about that experience was Nurse Jean aka MJ shes an angel. This experience was out of this world and eye opening he also suggested I can get my files transferred because clearly he wasn't fit and probably didn't expect such a strong reaction. NEVER SETTLE !! SIGNED Manal J N.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr. Hawrylyshyn is my doctor for over 12 years. He performed the C-section when my son was born. He told me that there was no need from the medical point of view but he'll do whatever it takes to make sure I am comfortable since I had previous miscarriages. I was in the hospital for a week and he was checking on me and the baby occasionally. I haven't seen any other doctor coming and checking on other the mom in the room I was sharing. Every time I saw him for a follow up on my menopause he patiently answers my questions and makes sure there a no concerns before I leave his office. Sometimes there is a wait, but I don't mind knowing that he gives the same attention to all his patients. I would recommend Dr. Hawrylyshyn anytime.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

We went here and had a different doctor because Dr. Hawrylyshyn was on leave. We went made to wait almost an hour for our appt and almost missed the ulrrasound they told us to get. The reason is that Dr. Hawrylyshyn came to talk to the new doctor disregarding the fact that the patients have appointments and lives. Then the office did not call for any follow-ups or tell me when to come back. I had trouble making more appointments. It feels as if I had to pull teeth to get them to see me and to do their job. This is about my unborn child and it feels that doesn't matter. To them I am just a number.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Peter doesn't provide neither the right care or attention to look into detail symptoms on the development of your pregnancy. Stay away from him as he led the end of my pregnancy to be a stillbirth

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

He's been a big disappointment. He seems to not care about his patients and can't wait to get you out of there. He's quite insensitive too and talked about my baby possibly "dying" in the most matter of fact, way. He fakes being pleasant sometimes, but my appointments with him feel like a waste of my time. He can't even really answer questions that well, nor does he care to. His secretary is also outrageously rude and aggressive.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I saw Dr. Hawrylyshyn for my first pregnancy in 2010. I had a normal, easy an enjoyable pregnancy. I did not wait for 2 hours for an appointment, Dr. H. took time to answer all my questions and staff was reasonably polite. Dr. H performed a C-section. My wound was closed properly and it healed well. I was bothered more by Mt. Sinai delivery protocols rather than Dr. H. The protocols indicate Steps 1 through 10, even though these are not applicable to everyone and every pregnancy and delivery is unique.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. H has been my doctor for approximately 12 years. I was referred by my GP when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. His wait times did get long some visits but the reason for this is that he was taking time with patients that had more serious difficulties in their pregnancies. I was grateful for him when my second child was diagnosed by the radiology department as likely to be born with Cystric Fibrosis. It was the scariest experience me and my husband have ever experienced. He took me into his office, without a scheduled appointment, to explain to me the seriousness of this diagnosis. He also attended at the radiology department while I waited to get a better understanding of the diagnosis. In the end, the diagnosis was wrong from the radiology department but Dr. H. took his time with all of my questions, even emails, after that visit. I never complained about waiting again as I would expect him to take just as much care as he did with me with others. He remains my O.B. following my pregnancies as I have had numerous problems following my deliveries and he is such a gentle and warm man. He checked on me and both of my children constantly while we were at Mount Sinai. Danielle is also a sweetheart and also takes her time to help out. She takes numerous calls during the day and has gone out of her way to look up results for me. They are an outstanding team. I thank them daily for the safe births of my children and their advice during my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

The wait time is awful. If you're appointment is at 10:00, you won't be seen until 11:00. The reception staff are cold.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr Hawrylyshyn was my ob for my first child. I had to have a c-section due to a high risk condition. During the procedure, I had lost a lot of blood and Dr. Hawrylyshyn came to see me in the recovery room in his day off just to check in to make sure I was ok. My regular appointments did run behind schedule (up to one hour every visit) and I did end up seeing his interns 3 times but overall I was happy with the care that I received.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

I have delivered my first son Dr. Hawrylyshyn 12 years ago. The experience was horrible. All I wanted was a natural delivery, but Dr. Hawrylyshyn just laughed in to my face. I was humiliated many times during the time of my delivered. This experience scared for life. After that I had two babies at home with midwives, surrounded by love and support.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015