Dr. Peter Hawrylyshyn

Ratings for Dr. Peter Hawrylyshyn

He's been a big disappointment. He seems to not care about his patients and can't wait to get you out of there. He's quite insensitive too and talked about my baby possibly "dying" in the most matter of fact, way. He fakes being pleasant sometimes, but my appointments with him feel like a waste of my time. He can't even really answer questions that well, nor does he care to. His secretary is also outrageously rude and aggressive.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I saw Dr. Hawrylyshyn for my first pregnancy in 2010. I had a normal, easy an enjoyable pregnancy. I did not wait for 2 hours for an appointment, Dr. H. took time to answer all my questions and staff was reasonably polite. Dr. H performed a C-section. My wound was closed properly and it healed well. I was bothered more by Mt. Sinai delivery protocols rather than Dr. H. The protocols indicate Steps 1 through 10, even though these are not applicable to everyone and every pregnancy and delivery is unique.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr. H has been my doctor for approximately 12 years. I was referred by my GP when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. His wait times did get long some visits but the reason for this is that he was taking time with patients that had more serious difficulties in their pregnancies. I was grateful for him when my second child was diagnosed by the radiology department as likely to be born with Cystric Fibrosis. It was the scariest experience me and my husband have ever experienced. He took me into his office, without a scheduled appointment, to explain to me the seriousness of this diagnosis. He also attended at the radiology department while I waited to get a better understanding of the diagnosis. In the end, the diagnosis was wrong from the radiology department but Dr. H. took his time with all of my questions, even emails, after that visit. I never complained about waiting again as I would expect him to take just as much care as he did with me with others. He remains my O.B. following my pregnancies as I have had numerous problems following my deliveries and he is such a gentle and warm man. He checked on me and both of my children constantly while we were at Mount Sinai. Danielle is also a sweetheart and also takes her time to help out. She takes numerous calls during the day and has gone out of her way to look up results for me. They are an outstanding team. I thank them daily for the safe births of my children and their advice during my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

The wait time is awful. If you're appointment is at 10:00, you won't be seen until 11:00. The reception staff are cold.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr Hawrylyshyn was my ob for my first child. I had to have a c-section due to a high risk condition. During the procedure, I had lost a lot of blood and Dr. Hawrylyshyn came to see me in the recovery room in his day off just to check in to make sure I was ok. My regular appointments did run behind schedule (up to one hour every visit) and I did end up seeing his interns 3 times but overall I was happy with the care that I received.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

I have delivered my first son Dr. Hawrylyshyn 12 years ago. The experience was horrible. All I wanted was a natural delivery, but Dr. Hawrylyshyn just laughed in to my face. I was humiliated many times during the time of my delivered. This experience scared for life. After that I had two babies at home with midwives, surrounded by love and support.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Hawrylyshyn has been my Ob/Gyn from 1998. I was referred to him as a high risk patient after I miscarried that fetus. In the beginning I wasn't impressed. But when I got pregnant in 2003 with my first child he became my Ob again as my real Ob Dr. Isadore Eisen was scaling back his practice and referred me to him. I again was a high risked patient through the 4 pregnancies and 3 live births. The wait times were ridiculously long and not all of the staff were wonderful but through all those hassles, I began to see a quietly funny and gentle man over the years. He was brief buthad a good demeanor over the years. I told him that he was the most gentlest Dr. ever and he blushed. I have come to appreciate him and Danielle ( his Nurse) over the years. I still have a note from him stating "to see Dr.Jarvii for a vasectomy" when I returned to him for the third pregnancy in 3 years. It was a joke but that's one of my fondest memories of him over the years. However. In the beginning I noticed some abruptness in his candor and he didn't appear the friendliest in some visits but overall, I have become an appreciative patient of his. I just saw him a few weeks ago and it was a pleasant visit. Over the years that I had visited the office I would always make sure that my appointments were first thing in the morning. It didn't guarantee that they would always be on time but that I would get out in a reasonable time after my overnight shifts. The earlier the better and that worked for me over the years.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

If you actually want to see a doctor during your pregnancy, go elsewhere. decently knowledgeable Dr, however wait times exceed 2 hours for a 10-15 minute session with the doctor

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

all in all I had a good experience with him and he came to check up on me and baby even though he wasnt there to deliver. did not like that he is RARELY in the office and has someone covering for him. She doesnt care half as much and doesnt take his patients seriously. She booked me for a c section before talking to Dr H or myself. Dr H ended up cancelling this and I had a natural birth. Make your voice heard especially if Dr H is not there and ask lots of questions - he is patient and answers them all.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

This mfer is never around and has the compassion of a butcher. Throughout my experience with him, i seemed to be the one guiding my care and prognosis. He had few opinions and would contradict everything his covering doctor would advise. he is never on time snd extremely rude. Some of his golden words of advice included: "i don't think metform8n works." (that with clomid is what facilitated my pregnancy at 39). "i can't do anything if you are miscarrying, there is no magic pill" (i was not miscarrying but had SCH). "Go to emergency if you are do worried" (This time i was undergoing a late term miscarriage at 17 weeks where i lost my son). I strongly advise against becoming his patient!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015