Ratings for Dr. BRADFORD A. Nelson

I received excellent care from Dr. Brad Nelson before during and after my prostate surgery. While I'll agree that Dr. Nelson practice style is not exactly "warm and fuzzy" he is an excellent surgeon and that is what was/is important to me. He performed a robotically assisted radical prostatectmy on me with minimal negative side effects. The post-surgery care I received from Dr. Nelson's physician'sup assistant Lou Koncz was top notch. He is an excellent listener, gives his patients plenty of his time, and very personable and patient focused. Together, these two men, along with their staff make a good team. It has been four years since my surgery and all is well. Although I am now seeing an oncologist (with Rockwood Cancer and Hematology) to monitor my cancer I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Rockwood Urology if another urological issue arises.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Nelson is an excellent urologist. I went to him several times over the past year for symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) after several years of controlling symptoms with medication. Dr. Nelson was friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Eventually I required TURP surgery, which he performed through Deaconess Hospital. There were no complications or problems with the surgery and things went pretty much as expected. My only criticisms are with the hospital (see separate review).

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Nelson came highly recommended by a friend of mine who is an anesthesiologist. I have suffered with recurring kidney stones for over 30 years. Dr. Nelson was very thorough, caring and a good listener. He suggested several tests that none of my previous urologists have mentioned. He seemed concerned about resolving my stone problems, rather than just simply treating them. I would give very high marks....10 out of 10, and would recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Arrogant and rude. Does not want to listen to patient's concerns. Has an attitude. Does not seem to be concerned with patient's discomfort during examinations. Won't seek treatment from this Doctor again.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

Dr. BRADFORD A. Nelson's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

MSP/BC Med