Ratings for Dr. Richard N. Schlussel

Dr. Schlussel immediately made a wonderful impression. He is knowledgable, kind, and has an exceptional bedside manner. He spent time answering all of our questions and thoroughly explaining things in a clear manner. We'd highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

The office staff was friendly and helpful, and faxed several documents required for my son's surgery. Dr. Schlussel explained the procedure succinctly and simply. He was patient with my son (a toddler), even though my son was less than happy about being examined. I live within walking distance to a large teaching hospital, but chose to have my son's procedure at a hospital much farther from my house in order to have Dr. Schlussel perform the surgery. The procedure went well, without complications, and he made sure that my son was as comfortable as possible after the procedure. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a pediatric urologist.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

this doctor should not be allowed to practice with children. my son had a procedure done and was in pain for 3 days post op... this man is unreliable and had no compassion for my son who is 13 months old.. i called him several days and took my son to the er and he never returned any phone calls. there could have been a real emergency and he didnt even give a courtesy call nor did he have any covering doctor to tend to his patients. i personally think he should pay for what he did to my son. i dont understand how any doctor could be so inconsiderate about the feelings a parent has when they have to see their child suffer trying to do anything i could for my baby. i do not recommend this pediatric urologist to any parent who wants someone who really cares about the patient and not how much money they get out of surgeries.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009