Ratings for Dr. Joseph F. Bachtold

Excellent. Best physician I have ever had. He was able to solve a longtime issue that my interest couldn't.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

Dr. Bachtold has been our family doctor for over 6 years, both in John Day and Sisters. His knowledge, bedside manner, and medical skills are top-notch. My family drives 3 hours to see him, and would not consider using anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Dr. Bachtold was very courteous and had good bedside manner. Unfortunately he tried to take me off my cholesterol medication that cholesterol was "fine." I informed him that the only reason I was at goal was due to the medicine (I have an excellent diet and exercise routine and am a younger patient - my low HDL is due to familty history not poor eating or lack of exercise). He appeared to not be aware of current guidelines and cholesterol management. Due to a family history of heart disease I am acutely aware of the risks and current NCEP ATP III guidelines. If you see him, please seek a second opinion or at least double check his advice on your own before following. As I said, nice guy, but not a good doctor. I am in search of a new Primary Care Provider.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Dr. Joseph F. Bachtold's Credentials

• Western U Hlt Sci Col Osteo Med Of The Pacific, Pomona Ca 91766 (Grad. 1998)

MSP/BC Med