Ratings for Dr. Robert Guirguis

I gave a bad review not because I thought he was a bad DR.I thought he was great;like everyone else that see's him.Problem..I had him for over a decade;and he made my life worth living again;then dropped my insurance like a hot potato,with no warning. I was devestated.I stayed with him because I loved him,but also found out because his office sends all the scripts to the front,for any Dr. to sign,you will get blackballed at other clinics;not fermiliar with it;and labled a Dr Chaser.Took yrs,and tens of thous.$ before that connection was made.Now I am treated like crap by other Dr's,and life has become a dark place.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2012

Dr. Guirgus is the best doctor in this office. I have observing his practice techniques for a year. He is very caring and very nice. He is very knowable about pain and will help you find the best methods to treat it. I can't enough good about him. Great Doctor!!He is very popular so you may have to be there for awhile but well worth it. Don't leave before checking all your prescriptions for accuracy. The office staff could use some customer service skills but this could be because they are so busy.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

I've been treated by several docs at this clinic over the past decade. Dr. Guirguis is the best! I told him once to let me know if he ever left the practice so I could go with him. He is the best at relieving my chronic pain for the longest periods of time, plus he's incredibly nice. I actually look forward to my appointments (sort of). He's incredibly busy and the appointments usually don't last long, but he never acts impatient if I have questions or concerns. I'm very happy with him and have heard numerous other patients talking about how wonderful he is.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2009

Dr. Robert Guirguis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Robert Guirguis is double board certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Board of Pain Medicine. He earned his undergraduate degree from Rutgers University and his doctorate in osteopathic medicine from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in Long Island, N.Y. Dr. Guirguis completed an internal medicine rotating internship at Union Hospital in Union, N.J., and his residency training in physical medicine and rehabilitation at UMDNJ through Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center in Edison, N.J. During his residency training, he published numerous papers including post-stroke functional recovery, interventional treatments of spasticity and spinal cord injury recovery. Dr. Guirguis then completed an interventional spine pain medicine fellowship at Florida Spine Institute. During this time, he authored the interventional cervical chapter of a pain medicine textbook publication. Dr. Guirguis currently serves as medical director of the Hillsborough practice at Tampa Pain Relief Centers as well as medical advisory chair of Armenia Surgery Center. He is also a member of the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association and the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians. Dr. Guirguis received honors and was recognized as "Top Pain Management Physician" in the Tampa Bay area by U.S. News & World Report in 2012. His practice primarily involves the use of minimally invasive procedures for the treatment of pain disorders with special attention to patient restorative functioning. His special interest includes chronic pain, fibromyalgia, sports medicine, arthritic disorders, spasticity, electrodiagnostics and discogenic diagnostic procedures. His additional training includes spinal cord stimulation, radio-frequency ablations and continuous epidural infusions. Dr. Guirguis’s core belief is approaching each patient with a tailored plan, listening to every issue and treating each issue to the best of his ability. He also affirms that understanding pain, not just as a number, but rather a syndrome affecting every aspect of someone’s life, is the cornerstone of successful treatment. He also believes that successful treatment depends on many factors with respect and dignity at its core.

• English

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2000)

Multiplan