Ratings for Dr. Alexander S. Croog

WARNING DO NOT SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT! Visiting Dr. Croog was like asking someone for advice who thinks you are the dumbest person on this planet. I knowingly had a ganglion cyst on my wrist and because he was in a rush he told me to come back 4 weeks later! even though i was in so much pain and can barely type this rating, in fact. He felt the need to define the word "spontaneously" when describing how they appear. He was rude, horrible and I left crying because he had did not even care to think that I came to him because I was in pain. He even suggested popping it myself-- something that i read multiple times on the internet NOT TO DO. A nightmare experience-- save yourself some pride. If you do choose to go, jut remind him that YOU pay HIM to treat you right.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Very rude, unhelpful, did not explain treatment options for carpal tunnel syndrome. Stopped injecting cortisone halfway thru giving excuse that I did not cooperate. Left room without fully answering all my questions.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Dr Croog have seen me for carpal tunnel syndrome.He is knowledgeable.But he does not spend too much time not even enough to explain things to you if you have other questions.I feel like he was in a rush (although I understand he has other pts to check) but didnt even ask me if I still have other questions.In fact,he turned his back away from me , getting out from the room and was saying something which I didnt even understand.I was there sitting,thinking if he still have to come back and say something but unfortunately my time was up=( Very rude for a professional person.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Dr. was uninterested and actually squeezed my broken hand to ask if that hurt. He didn't bother to x ray my hand again and refused to give me pain killers for a displaced fracture. His staff was actually the one who fitted me for a splint. Here it is 5 weeks after injury and my hand is not healed. Shocking.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2010

Dr. Croog has dreadful post-surgical follow-up. Due to his lack of interest and inability to direct the physical therapist my little finger, which was fine before the surgery, is now permanently bent and crooked on my dominant hand. All he cared about was whether or not the wrist and thumb surgery I had was "successful" and he tried to blame everyone but himself for the ignored damage to my finger.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

Dr. Alexander S. Croog's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)