Ratings for Dr. Charles G. Durand

This was an expensive nightmare as he was out of network but highly recommended to me by a long time friend. I went in and had a wonderful conversation about my issues, mainly pain in my hip, burning muscles, numbness/tingling/zapping sensations, severe sensitivity to heat exposure, and balance and coordination issues. I was given plenty of time to discuss these issues and he gave me an "eastern" medical physical, as he chuckled that "western" medicine is missing out doing those types of exams. He left the room for a few minutes, came back, and it was like Dr. Jeckll and Mr. Hyde. It was like another person entered the room. He told me I didn't actually have pain, that I had several severe mental disorders and the the pain was because I had all these severe disorders and it was in my head that I had these symptoms. In his words, I was so bad off, I didn't realize I had the issues. He even compared it to a lost car in a parking lot somehow. He said most people park and just don't remember where the car was parked. I was looking for a car I never had. ????? I have no idea either. He said that as soon as I doubled my Cymbalta, which was given to me for fibro, and added multiple high doses of other similar medications for mental disorders, that I would absolutely recover and feel like I was 20 again. I immediately drove home to Nashville the next morning (I was in his Maryville office off the the referral of a "friend" that is, I am certain, brainwashed by him) and went to Vanderbilt to be evaluated because I work with small children and have been trained to recognize the severe mental disorders he wrote down that I had, and was terrified that if I couldn't recognize these issues in myself, that I had failed the 10 years worth of students I had been working with because I would be the first response to intervention as an educator. After 9 hours under Vanderbilt's care, I was assured that no medical professional in their right mind would have been able to diagnose me the way he did or ever suggest so many medications in such high doses. PLEASE if you are going here or know someone who is going there, do NOT let his confidence that he knows what he is talking about or his persuasion fool you because he was, in his mind, 100% with his diagnosis for me. My friend of 22 years verbally attacked me because she is so brainwashed by him. She said if he says I have severe mental disorders, that no matter what all the doctors and nurses at Vanderbilt told me, he was still right and they were not. I lost someone that I considered to be a sister to me because of this experience. She described him to me as just about too good to be true, and it was.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Dr. Charles Durand was very impersonal and clinical. He was condescending and insulting regarding my medical condition that I have had since birth. I also found it extremely inappropriate that he gave me an examination, in a gown, and there was no one else in the room. It made me extremely uncomfortable. He was of no help with my joint pain, a diagnosis, or treatment. I DO NOT RECOMMEND WASTING YOUR TIME WITH HIM!!!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr.Durand has been a godsend to me.I have been a patient for almost 2yrs.He is very punctual,helpful and spends time making sure that you understand his treatment suggestions and medications.He always returns phone calls dealing with questions you have about your condition and never makes me feel stupid for calling.I am sad that I need a Rheumy but greatful that I found him.His staff is always pleasant and helpful.I wouldnt trade drs even if a practice opened that I could receive free service.I would pay out of my own pocket because I believe he truly cares about his patients and their well-being.He is the greatest.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

Dr. Charles G. Durand's Credentials

• Stanford University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Maryville, TN