Ratings for Dr. Mark Solomon

The best of the best! Every physician should model themselves after Dr. Solomon.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Solomon performed a highly complex surgery on my ankle - one of a kind in fact. As a result of multiple injuries in my teenage years, I developed a deformed heal with multiple ligament tears. The results of the surgery were incredible. His attention to detail and his level of preparation were remarkable. After 20+ years of chronic pain in my ankle, the pain is gone. Beyond the surgery, Dr. Solomon was always available to answer my questions. In addition, he was always honest with me and he took the time to help me mentally prepair for the surgery and recovery. Great doctor, good guy and a family man. I highly recommend Dr. Solomon.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I suffered from chronic plantar fasciitis and ankle pain for most of my adult life. Around the time I turned 35, the pain began to get worse and within a few years, I knew I needed to do something about it. I'd seen several different podiatrists over the years and orthotics brought some relief, but they were no longer sufficient. From my first visit to Dr Solomon, I felt he was the right doctor. He spent time with me, listened to my issues and was through in his exam. An MRI revealed that of the 3 ligaments on the outside of my ankle, I had a complete tear and a partial. In short my ankle was collapsing. Dr Solomon surgically repaired my ligaments with amazing results. I was in a walking cast just days after the surgery. After physical therapy and follow up visits to with Dr Solomon, I felt like a new man. It's been 2 years since the surgery at the time of this review and my foot and ankle are great. I can't believe the difference in my life to walk without pain. I've recommended Dr Solomon to my friends with no reservation. He is an amazing surgeon and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

After a bad fall that shattered my heel, and misdiagnosis in the ER, Dr. Solomon agreed to perform a risky surgery to put my foot back together. After a year of recovery and PT, I was able to walk again. During the process, he answered all my questions with patience and thoroughness. He gave great instructions, which I followed. He referred me to a PT facility with the right equipment. Now no one can tell I have a reconstructed heel. I'm in real estate, and on my feet constantly - so grateful I can work. Dr. Solomon's staff is friendly and helpful, which is very important to someone facing extreme injury, recovery and potential depression. He's an expert in his field, and a pro in every sense.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

By the time I went to see Dr. Solomon, I had already been suffering with plantar fasciitis for close to two years and had undergone an unsuccessful surgery performed by another surgeon. I was a triathlete who could no longer run, and an exercise junkie who had to change my lifestyle to accommodate the limitations plantar fasciitis imposed upon me. I was very frustrated and felt like nobody "got it". At our first meeting, Dr. Solomon said to me, "I do understand. I can help you. I can fix this." I can honestly say, those words and the hope that they instilled in me, brought tears to my eyes. Shortly thereafter, Dr. Solomon performed surgery on my left foot, which involved plantar fasciotomy and tarsal tunnel release. Shortly thereafter and with some physical therapy, I was back to doing all the things I loved, and I had my life back -- I was "Me" again. Unfortunately, sometime later, I started to experience the same symptoms in my right foot. Rather than jump right to surgery as many surgeons would, Dr. Solomon followed a course of conservative treatment until it became apparent that surgery was the only answer. Dr. Solomon is a skilled surgeon (I have very minimal scarring) and a compassionate doctor who takes your concerns, no matter how trivial, seriously. He never makes you feel rushed and will spend as much time as necessary in order to address all of your concerns. In addition, his staff is friendly, professional and accommodating to your schedule. I have recommended Dr. Solomon to many of my friends and "gym buddies". My husband has been treated by him, and I would not hesitate to go to him again myself if needed. In my mind, Dr. Solomon truly is the best.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Dr. Mark Solomon's response
Thank you so much for the kind review. Most of the credit belongs to you. You are very motivated and compliant with the rehab. That is the reason for your rapid recovery.

Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr Solomon didn't want to follow-up and discuss clinical treatment options. He simply wanted to schedule a surgery that was not needed. This was confirmed by two Board Certified Orthopedic surgeons that we consulted with after our visit. The office billing staff was impossible to reach and made several mistakes on our bill. It took several calls to get someone to resolve this issue and it was not resolved to our satisfaction.

Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Mark Solomon's response
Numerous attempts have been made in order to try to make this patient's wife happy. I have personally sent 3 emails and left voice messages with my personal cell number. They have all been ignored. Please communicate with me, so that this can be resolved.

Submitted April 18, 2017

LOVE Dr. Solomon. He is professional, knowledgeable, skillful and kind. So is his staff. I never feel rushed and am impressed he always takes the time to really listen. My husband and I have been patients for years and always receive top notch care. We've referred many friends and colleagues who all give Dr S. the highest praise!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Mark Solomon's response
Thank you so much for the kind review. I look forward to our next visit.

Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. Solomon appears very highly trained in his field. His patient care is great. Beware of excessive fees due to a la carte billing of services. He does not participate in most networks and his fees can add up very quickly for even routine care.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Dr. Mark Solomon's response
Exciting Update! As of 2017, we have joined Advocare- The Orthopedic Center. We now participate with most insurance plans. Problem Solved!

Submitted April 18, 2017

I went to advanced foot and ankle surgeons knowing just a little bit about nail fungus. I was prepped by the wonderful staff with do's and don'ts for nail fungus prevention. Along with this I had laser done to my nails... and in my own experience I can definitely state that it was not painful at all it was a warm sensation. Dr. Solomon explains the procedure very clearly and understands the patients concerns. I was satisfied with the staff and doctor

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

Dr. Solomon is an excellent podiatrist! Staff was exceptionally professional and courteous. I saw him for a swollen foot problem and he was able to show me that one of my legs was longer than the other (slightly). Set me up with orthotics and my problem went away. Couldn't be happier!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

Dr. Mark Solomon's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Team Podiatrist New York Jets Football Club

• English
  • Spanish

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2000)

• Clubfoot