Ratings for Dr. Joel I. Sorger

I just had a knee arthroscopy done by Dr. Sorger. The experience went very well. Dr. Sorger and the medical team was very caring and nice. If I ever need another surgery I would go back to him and recommend him to anyone. He is a great doctor and informational.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

He did hip replacement damaged femoral nerve. Now I am a cripple. Saw another doc who said he saw a crack in my leg from the surgery. If you want the worst in care he's your man

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

I can't rate his knowledge, although I was told his the best orthopedic oncologist in the area. A large malignant was discovered. I waited six agonizing days for the biopsy report after being told they would call me in two days. After the biopsy, Dr. Sorger didn't leave word for my family that the procedure was done, so they waited a long time thinking no cancer was found and the tumor was being removed. His communication with patients is extremely poor and he borders on rudeness with absolutely NO compassion. I ultimately left the state for seven months to be treated by the most amazing oncologists, radiologists, and surgeons in Scottsdale, Arizona.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

He did a hip replacement - saw him once in the office - shortly before surgery for a quick "any questions", and never again. Follow up and follow up care has been w/PA's or the assistant. They are helpful but Sorger leaves much to be desired in the people skills area.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Sorter wanted to amputate my leg but I found Dr. Finn in Chicago who has saved my leg after 7 surgeries in Cincinnati and I am walking now. If you need to have knee replacement call Dr. Henry Finn at Weiss Memorial Hospital they are great. I'm so glad I found him on my own off the internet. I was told everything that was done to my leg in Cincinnati was half assed was his words and there was no reason for it to be that way, I will never have a knee it will always be straight be at least I have my leg thank God.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Dr Sorger never paid attention to the X-rays or the patient, and missed a fracture. Said to exercise more and the pain would go away. A second opinion revealed a second fracture. I believe he needs to slow down, be more careful and responsive to patients.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr. Sorger is an amazing doctor. Had it not been for his skill, my child would have had 3x the healing process and a heck of a longer road to recovery. He is a n incredibly knowledgeable doctor and his bedside manner has always been friendly to our family. His office staff has always been courteous and very kind. The first visit to his Children's office was very chaotic, however they have started tracking their wait times with comment cards that you fill out how long you wait for each process. This seems to have improved everything because the last 4 visits have been amazing. Virtually no wait really for anything and its wonderfully organized. Bravo for that!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

he is a doctor that really needs to inderstand patient care at any age with whatever level someone is at with a injury and give more respect.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Great surgeon! Would highly recomend to anyone! Slightly lacking in "bedside manner" but does get straight to the point.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

Dr. Joel I. Sorger's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)