Ratings for Dr. George Strobele

Remembering him fondly. Some never leave our hearts.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Oddly, nary a long period of time leaves me without thinking of such a wonderful individual. He continues to live in the hearts of so so many that he touched.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Recent contributions here jarred my memory of my first post. For the record, I issued Dr. S. a "3" for knowledge because his chief dietary recommendation to me, no less/more controversial than Health Canada's, proved ineffective. Having spent, in a former chapter of my life, 1000s of hours in the literature & in a close study of the clinical application of nutritional theory & laboratory medicine, may I beg to differ? (God knows I'm far from having all the answers.) But at least Dr. S thus tried to address causes, which should stymie the cynic, & which ought to shame the docs who are glorified drug dispensaries & "symptomtons" (ha!). Dr. S also discouraged me from working full-time nights, which was a commitment alluded to (another argument vs. fraud, BTW, since more hours = more $ for fraudsters to rob). Probably he advised me thus because he was concerned about a possible endocrine issue being aggravated by pineal insults - an attractive theory. Signed & filed, Hendrickus Brokking

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Our family only just found out of Dr Strobele's sudden demise and are still in shock. Our condolences and prayers to his family. Such a gem of a man!! - if only we had more Doctors like him - I am glad that on March 3/10 I did have the opportunity to tell him in person how very much we appreciated him as our family doctor. A great loss to us personally and to the world.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

I was privileged to meet Dr Strobele but twice, on both occasions in '06, and will never forget the kind manner in which he then dissuaded me from making any major commitments until more light was thrown upon the state of my health; second, his implicit trust in me, an ordinary patient; and finally, his emphasis on routinely assessing patient health scientifically, vital if one can ever hope to doctor effectively. I learned of his sudden passing upon reading the recent reviews, and, having today confirmed it, am crushed with regret for failing to promptly acquiesce in a sincere Dec/09 recommendation of one of Dr Strobele's trusted contacts, to again meet. It's forever too late! I vow to carry on your great work of doctoring, Dr. Strobele, if only informally, for you and I know too well, we've much to do! Family and friends, may you be endowed with strength unseen throughout what will surely be a long period of the deepest bereavement and shock. Signed, Hendrickus Brokking

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

One of the best. Myself and my family will miss him very much.His bedside manner, his humour, caring way always felt comfortable.Very professional very good doctor. Wish a lot more doctors would have taken the opportunity to learn from Dr. Strobele as a patient I will miss him. for his family I cant imagine, you were truly blessed with a wonderful person.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

George was clearly, one of the most kind and gentle people I have ever met. I was not a patient, we met thru business. I was also shocked to learn of his death, my heart goes out to his family, mostly his mother. Parents are not to outlive their children. I have experienced this first hand. To the love of his life, my heart aches for you as well. We have lost a true and marvelous person, far too early in life. If nothing else, we may find some solace knowing he lived life to the fullest, enhanced the lives of many and that we had the privelidge of having known him. God bless his soul. Dorothy McConville, Hamilton.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2010

A great doctor! Without a doubt, Georg has a huge heart, is deeply caring and strives to do his very best for the patient.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Having undergone a procedure in Dr. Strobeles office to remove unwanted fat around the abdoman,I was given several treatments using an electronic device that was supposed to remove fat cells and I gained l-1/2 inches instead around the abdoman. The price is charged according to a computerized calculation of the number of fat cells 'zapped'. Unfortunately, after my treatments I was told results vary and there is no guarantee and no refund. The doctor who I have never met is unwilling to refund my money. I could have had liposuction done in one day and gone home many inches smaller. This procedure does not seem to be legitimate to me and I would caution anyone to be persuaded into this procedure unless they are assured of a guarantee.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Having moved to Canada from the U.S., I always tease Dr. Strobele about being the happiest patient when paying my bill. For my $$$ I have his undivided attention & best medical care anyone could hope for. Not only is he a marvelous man, a gift from the heavens & a compassionate doctor, his dry sense of humor and saintly patience with my laundry list of ailments deserves him a 10 star rating. I know of other people in the community who cant speak highly enough about him. He'll probably chide me for singing his praises when you all rush to his office, given he never gets to go on vacation with his already existing patient over-load !(smile). One might call him psychic with that intuition of his. Can I say how much I adore this man? He has changed my quality of life & my emotional character.(I DO pay attention Doc) He's dashingly handsome too so its easy to forgive his *punctuality* (grin) Hopefully medical science will clone this amazing healer & make 1000 more of him. Suzanne Sadowski

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008