Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Hengel

Dr. Hengel has excellent patient relationship and attention. I know he has thousands of patients but he and his MA Aiesha Cooper makes me feel like I'm his only patient. he certainly test me for everything ...Under his care in 6 months I felt better than I ever had in my life...I still had some issues going on with my bile ducts & high cholesterol. he worked with my Gastrologist & Liver specialist carefully to assure that I get the best care to eradicate the issues. I would suggest anyone who is diagnosed or feel they maybe HIV positive to see Dr. Hengel for top notch care.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

I found out I had untreated HIV through my gastrologist. For which he refer me to Dr. Hengle immediately. I got in to see him 2 days later. He was very smart & went through all my labs w/ my gastrologist & asked about me & what was going on. He prescribed me 2 med that day to get on along with sending me for a detail lab work of my blood to find out exactly where I stand w/ HIV. I am very fortunate to have this doctor. He does not make you feel like a number. He treats you like an individual patient & takes his time with you , will answer all your questions to make sure you know whats going on.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2012

I received care from 7 ID specialists. Not that I change alo but insurance has. Found Dr Hengel from Piedmont Hospital search. I chose well. He's prompt, courteous, and is always up on the lastest HIV reports. Carefully selects medications. Most importantly, he always spends a few minutes beginning each appointment just being interested in your life. Most physicians I've seen look at you as a disease first and foremost. Dr. Hengel takes another approach and sees that there's person with a life first. His attention is on you NOT the computer. Very friendly staff as well.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009