Ratings for Dr. Matthew Tennant

I have been a patient at the Alberta Retinal Clinic for 13 years and have nothing but praise for the doctors especially my doctor, Dr. Tennant. Without the treatments I would for sure be legally blind. For all you bellyachers who complain about the wait and how poorly the clinic is run, boo to you. I have never been ignored by the receptionists nor have I found them rude. Neither have I found them talking loudly about their personal life and those that say they have should perhaps not be eavesdropping; read a book or something. It is true the clinic is extremely busy and perhaps there should be another but if patients have problems with the wait perhaps they should take it up with the Health Minister and not rag on the doctors and staff at the clinic. My doctor works his butt of attending to patient after patient and I'd wait four hours if I had to if he can keep my sight reasonably good. Koodoos to you Dr. Tennant and your fellow doctors . I know for a fact after so many years that you have attended to me just how dedicated you are to your patients and how much you care for us.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I have been bringing my elderly mother to Dr. Tennant for the past five and half years. Since she has a type of wet macular degeneration we are in about every six weeks or so. There have been times when we waited longer then was comfortable but the office is very busy. However over this past year or two all the Dr.s are very much on time. The last few times we have been its been like 10-15 max before we are in. Dr. Tennant is in a hundred places at once moving in and out exam rooms and just flat out on the go all the time. But when its your turn and he sits in front of you the whole world stops. He has all the time in the world for you. He is exceptional at explaining and helping us understand. A very necessary quality when dealing with the elderly. I truly believe he genuinely cares about each and everyone of his patients. I can and do recommend him wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Excellent, excellent Dr. Love everything about Dr. tenant from his knowledge, treatment options to awesome bedside manner. I agree with the one per saying that the College of Physicians should have some reward system as all Physicians are not created equal. I also have to agree with another who talks about the front end staff atrocious. Too busy on there phones and talking loudly enough about there boyfriend problems, etc when people are waiting to be helped!! I even told them I don't want to here it. Back end staff awesome and very very efficient. Great work everyone except front end. Pull up your soxs, ladies!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

My husband is his patient for the past 3.5 years. He is an excellent doctor who has no insecurities ;so he treats his patients as equals and explains surgical procedures clearly. He is intelligent, gentle and soft spoken. My husband has greatly benefited from his treatment.We are grateful to him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

As a patient of this clinic for many years I am appalled, this clinic is run very poorly and unorganized. I have sat in the waiting room for hours as staff has forgotten to pull my chart, the manager seems to be all over the place making it difficult for the staff to track her down, for questions / procedures that need reassuring, resulting for the patients to wait in the check out line for a long period of time . I have experienced other patients being extremely vulgar to the front end staff and seeing no management or action taking place, this shows how poor this clinic is ran, its unfortunate its the only retina specialist around because if i had a choice I would most definitely not be coming back.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Front staff chatting on about personal stuff had to be interrupted just to book an appointment. Elderly lady walked up to counter, receptionist looked at her (didn't acknowledge/say hi etc) and walked away without explanation. One receptionist texting. I would have fired them. As to medical information, my name first and last was divulged - violates my privacy.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Thanks Dr Tennant and to all staff. Very professional.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I guess I seen a different Matt than all of you. He didn't tell me much and said see you in a year. End of visit. Months later vision is worse and having seen some other eye people, problem I have has nothing to do with my dry macular degeneration.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Over the past 7 years I have had detachments in both eyes and recently a new tear in one. I called Dr. Tennant's Office and explained my symptoms and was called back with an appointment time in the afternoon. I had a new small tear and it was looked after in the amazing span of 1 hour. In my opinion Dr. Tennant is the best eye surgeon without a doubt. My surgeries with him have been very successful. Thank you to him for all he has done for me.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Very patient doctor who is not only knowledgeable but his calming demeanour allows clients to relax.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014