You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Matthew Tennant

Excellent, excellent Dr. Love everything about Dr. tenant from his knowledge, treatment options to awesome bedside manner. I agree with the one per saying that the College of Physicians should have some reward system as all Physicians are not created equal. I also have to agree with another who talks about the front end staff atrocious. Too busy on there phones and talking loudly enough about there boyfriend problems, etc when people are waiting to be helped!! I even told them I don't want to here it. Back end staff awesome and very very efficient. Great work everyone except front end. Pull up your soxs, ladies!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

My husband is his patient for the past 3.5 years. He is an excellent doctor who has no insecurities ;so he treats his patients as equals and explains surgical procedures clearly. He is intelligent, gentle and soft spoken. My husband has greatly benefited from his treatment.We are grateful to him.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

As a patient of this clinic for many years I am appalled, this clinic is run very poorly and unorganized. I have sat in the waiting room for hours as staff has forgotten to pull my chart, the manager seems to be all over the place making it difficult for the staff to track her down, for questions / procedures that need reassuring, resulting for the patients to wait in the check out line for a long period of time . I have experienced other patients being extremely vulgar to the front end staff and seeing no management or action taking place, this shows how poor this clinic is ran, its unfortunate its the only retina specialist around because if i had a choice I would most definitely not be coming back.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Front staff chatting on about personal stuff had to be interrupted just to book an appointment. Elderly lady walked up to counter, receptionist looked at her (didn't acknowledge/say hi etc) and walked away without explanation. One receptionist texting. I would have fired them. As to medical information, my name first and last was divulged - violates my privacy.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Thanks Dr Tennant and to all staff. Very professional.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I guess I seen a different Matt than all of you. He didn't tell me much and said see you in a year. End of visit. Months later vision is worse and having seen some other eye people, problem I have has nothing to do with my dry macular degeneration.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Over the past 7 years I have had detachments in both eyes and recently a new tear in one. I called Dr. Tennant's Office and explained my symptoms and was called back with an appointment time in the afternoon. I had a new small tear and it was looked after in the amazing span of 1 hour. In my opinion Dr. Tennant is the best eye surgeon without a doubt. My surgeries with him have been very successful. Thank you to him for all he has done for me.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Very patient doctor who is not only knowledgeable but his calming demeanour allows clients to relax.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr Tennant "IS" the best there is!! He is in the right profession as he really does care about his patients. He is extremely knowledgeable and gives his patients the confidence that the solution is around the corner. Explanations are thorough and never rushed. He makes you feel like you are his biggest concern, and his actions support that feeling. Dr Tennant, known as just Matt, is often seen escorting senior patients on his arm to the room, to the lobby and he is seen as a friend rather than someone you would dread going to see (yes, there are those in the system) I trust every little word he says, because he has proven it with his actions and explanations. The College of Physicians needs to establish some public reward system for these excellent Doctors who give such wonderful care. He should be featured in the local paper as someone who is a 5 out of 5. I give him a 10 out of 5. He is incredible, incredible.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

The staff at Alberta Retina Consultants are friendly, caring individuals. Who greet you with a professional demeanor. They make you fell comfortable and at ease. Any questions or concerns that I have had were quickly addressed by Dr. Tennant as soon as he became available. All emergency's regarding your eye sight are dealt with swiftly. My appointment was for 3:30 pm. and was able to see Dr. Tennant, who goes simply by Matt, within the hour. The technicians who conducted my tests for Dr. Tennant's examination, were again professional, one in particular I found to be an excellent listener. The time spent with Dr. Tennant was not lengthy, due to the high volume of patients he has in any given day. However, the information conveyed was constructive and informative. He is a man of few words but well chosen words. Overall, each time I have an appointment with my eye doctor, he seems to build confidence and reassurance that my vision is in good hands. Thanks again, Dr. Tennant!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Dr. Matthew Tennant's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent, excellent Dr. Love everything about Dr. tenant from his knowledge, treatment options to awesome bedside manner. I agree with the one per saying that ..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "My husband is his patient for the past 3.5 years. He is an excellent doctor who has no insecurities ;so he treats his patients as equals and explains surgical p..."

January 30, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "As a patient of this clinic for many years I am appalled, this clinic is run very poorly and unorganized. I have sat in the waiting room for hours as staff has ..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Front staff chatting on about personal stuff had to be interrupted just to book an appointment. Elderly lady walked up to counter, receptionist looked at her (..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks Dr Tennant and to all staff. Very professional."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I guess I seen a different Matt than all of you. He didn't tell me much and said see you in a year. End of visit. Months later vision is worse and having seen s..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Over the past 7 years I have had detachments in both eyes and recently a new tear in one. I called Dr. Tennant's Office and explained my symptoms and was calle..."

October 23, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "Y"

September 21, 2012