Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Johnston

I gave birth to my daughter at home with carolyn. It was the most amazing experience....She was fast and quick when it came to the birth and she knew exactly what to do.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Simply unsafe, with no orginization skills, poor assesment skills, and generally ineffective feedback on questions asked by patients. Avoid if possible

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

I'm just starting in my 3rd Trimester and still have been considering finding another Midwife. Carolyn is nice, seems to be experienced but every appointment has been at least 20 minutes late starting our scheduled appointments (were always early), if not longer. She doesn't seem to be greatly organized. She has asked the same questions in regards to tests and whatnot at least 3 appointments in a row. I had to remind her that we have already discussed tests results twice already. She has talked a lot about the "worst case" situations such as the baby being "too big" for me to push out. We are opting to have a natural birth at home so I need to have someone who encourages and believes in me. We are having a doula as well so this helps me to know that our doula will be supporting me through labor. I don't know how she will be during labor and delivery which is kinda scary because at that point we cant get a new provider. I guess I'm just trying to trust that she will be the right fit.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Carolynn is a wonderful Midwife that was there for both of my births. I trust her recommendations before I would trust anyone else that used to practice along side her...

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

It is debatable if Carolyn could handle any emergency skillfully as she couldn't even insert my IV. She let me go 16 days overdue with my first baby, the nurses at the hospital were astounded at her lack of planning. Moreover, when I was finally induced she was overwhelmed and kept saying, "We never do inductions." After an emergency c-section that landed me with a huge hemorrhage, her recovery advice was to sit all day on the couch--I was lucky I didn't end up with a blood clot. During my intense nights of induction (at home), she rarely came by to check on the baby's heartrate. When I begged to go to the hospital (after the third night of induction), she wouldn't let me--even though the supervising ob/gyn had told me I could go back for an epidural. I think Carolyn would make a wonderful librarian, and I think women who have had great experiences with this midwife could have delivered their babies themselves.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

Carolyn has delivered 2 of our babies at home, and we are pg with another. She has handled everything with the utmost care and professionalism, and I feel confident that she handles even emergent situations wisely and with much skill. I wouldn't dream of seeing anyone else and am so thankful to have her as our midwife!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010