Ratings for Dr. Julian Short

Julian Short disappointed and betrayed me. I was a patient of his in 2015 for about three months and saw him approximately once a fortnight. I turned to Julian Short for professional support for anxiety which was impacting on my relationships with my husband and children. Julian was an attentive listener and offered some insight and strategies to build positive relations. I stopped seeing Julian after he suggested I 'jolly' my husband with the promise of a bl_ _ job. I felt extremely uncomfortable and my trust in him as a professional had been violated.

Submitted July 23, 2017

After seeing a physiologist who was rude and quite frankly I was scared of her I was referred to Dr Short. He showed empathy and after several visits changed my life. He correctly diagnosed me with chronic depression which I had suffered from for years but ignored and covered by overachieving in every area of my life. He supported me through cancer and with the right medication made the sunshine again. I found him gentle, understanding and not the usual gobbledygook type of specialist. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

After seeing an entirely useless psychologist for months, Dr Short is a complete breath of fresh air. I have not experienced the rudeness expressed in other reviews - he has always been very kind, professional, and perceptive. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

This doctor is a rude, unlikeable and full of his own self importance. He's too old and should retire rather than impose himself any further in clients that need assistance that he could never provide.

Submitted June 9, 2015

I've been seeing Dr Short for the past 15 years for treatment of major treatment resistant depression and anxiety. He has supported me through years of trying to find medications that work for me until we found a solution. Under his guidance I've been 95% depression and anxiety free for many years, with a combination of medication and consultative therapy. I continue to seek Dr Short's advice on life challenges (relationships, family and work) when I hit a roadblock from time to time. His professional, thought-provoking advice and strategies, once implemented, have been invaluable and highly successful.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I recently had an initial appointment with Julian Short. I found him attentive, insightful and focused on trying to get to the bottom of my issues. An initial diagnosis of ADD was suggested and seems like it fits my situation. I am very happy with the outcome so far and have no qualms in recommending him.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

Failed to diagnose my ADHD as a teenager. Failed to procure me leniency during my Higher School Certificate when I was very depressed and falling asleep during my exams due to the tricyclic medication he described me. Stopped seeing him for 10 years and on seeing him in my last year of university,when I was extremely out of control, he still failed to diagnose my Attention Deficit Disorder and my Bipolar Depression. Spoke to him on the phone about 2 years ago and informed him I was now seeing another psychiatrist who diagnosed my ADD and Bipolar Depression.He was very rude to me on the phone and hung up on me mid sentence. I guess for him that was the easier way out rather than be polite enough to discuss the issue with me. This man lacks interpersonal skills. He sits at his desk and his very demeanour unnerved me and made me feel like a "specimen". He reeks of self importance, making the patient feel worthless. I spent many years vowing never to see a Psychiatrist again after him.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

after serious internal head injury Dr Short ensured my recovery to almost normal life. In fact he saved my life. I still see him from time to time to gauge what is normal behaviour and not bore my friends with self obsession. His book should be compulsory reading so that we all treat others with kindness and dignity.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

May have difficulty taking an ethical approach to patients. This chap ought to learn about professional distance.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011