Ratings for Dr. Darryl S. Wong

I had a very small basal cell carcinoma near my nose that needed to be removed. Dr. Wong did Mohs surgery to remove the circle of cells which were no bigger than the eraser on a pencil. The amount of tissue Dr. Wong excised was the size of a dime. The reconstruction of the site included a flap Dr. Wong made using three incisions. The reconstruction left me with 19 stitches and a scar that has changed my smile forever. I believe that Dr. Wong's choice to do Mohs surgery was far too invasive. I have have had a second area of the same cancer removed by a different doctor. His approach was to use a laser. The area didn't require any stitches and left me without a scar. Dr. Wong wanted to do Mohs surgery on this site and estimated that it would require 12 stitches. Boy am I glad I got a second opinion and found a doctor that used a procedure that left me without scars and lengthy healing time. Live and learn.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Dr. Darryl S. Wong's Credentials

• Spanish

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

HealthPartners