Ratings for Dr. Anna C. Carrillo

worked at a facility along side her , by far the most belittling person I've ever come across , does not treat staff with respect

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I am appaulled by what I have read and felt yet silenced myself from fear of not being heard. We recently encountered a very disturbing situation with Dr. Carrillo that unlike anything we ever experienced and was by far the most disutrbing. We need to speakout against her behavior. My family has experienced less than admirable bed side manner and uprofessionalism. Our child suffered as a result of her practices while my child has a born with a serious known medical condition Dr. Carrillo would make her suffer with her anxiety and not help provide her comfort until it was demanded and seriously impaired from anxiety and a demand from us to give her some relief was it given. To make it all even worse our child had sucical thoughts and was scared so we called her to report and we asked that she call back asap. Alarming as it is Dr. Carrillo NEVER called us back. We called again later the following week leaving yet another message of the same and again NO returned call. This is disturbing how any Dr. who treats the mentally ill could behave this way. We as a family are going to speak out and try to make a difference by not allowing this behavior to be present in our Drs if they are they need to be held accountable. We were afraid of retaliation by Dr. Carrillo so if you feel the same because she is caring for you or your child please call the hopsiatl she is affilated with and or that your associated with and complain anomously. Also we were instructed to go to www.mbc.ca.gov to file a complaint against her medical practices.Your voice matters your life matters!!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

If you have any other choice of doctors, make the change before you begin. Dr. Carrillo refused to communicate with me or my family members at almost all levels. An out of state facility was recommended by several other professionals in the medical field. But my son's transfer to that facility was dependent on a report written by Dr. Carillo. If it weren't for the intervention of the Chief of Staff at the out of state facility we probably still would be waiting for her reports. I feel her behavior was very unprofessional. I question why she is even in the medical field. Rather than being a doctor, I would suggest she take some time and be a patient.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

Dr Anna Carrillo is a very good and considerate Psychiatrist. Has made an overall big difference in my mental wellbeing.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

I first met Dr Carrillo at Sharp Mesa Vista, where she was seeing my daughter in the adolescent unit. During my daughters hospital stay she was very attentive and sensitive to my daughters needs. When she was released, Dr Carrillo recommended that my daughter go to an RTC. All the RTC's, in SD county, are 'at will' facilities so they won't take my daughter in unless she willingly went (which she didn't) I spent about a week trying to convince my daughter to go but she was pretty adamant on NOT going, the point was moot and just caused stress for the family. Latter that week, I got a phone call from Dr Carrillo letting me know she can no longer see my daughter because we didn't follow her recommendation to send my daughter to an RTC. She left us high and dry with only a few days left of meds and NO psychiatrist to fill a new prescription!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr. Carrillo simply will not take my calls, has extremely limited hours, and does not follow up for patients.... ever. My appointments are terse and cold: she seems to want me out as soon as I get in and is eager to push off my concerns about emotional well being on my meds off to another therapist as a time saving strategy. I understand that she is only in charge of my medication and psychology is another field, but questions about how my medication affects me is squarely of the realm of her job. When I left for college, she told me she would meet me over breaks and keep in close contact in case I needed her. All I will say is that it was impossible to schedule an appointment and I called her with pressing concerns about my dosage and potential drug interactions at least 3 times over 10 weeks with no response except an automated machine. Though I left messages every time, there was no follow up. I would strongly encourage anyone I know to find a more committed doctor.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Not a very good bedside manner, does not return phone calls in a timely manner, does not communicate well with children, and does not look out for the child's best interest.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

So disappointed, my daughter is been inpatient at Mesa vista for 5 days now and still not able to talk to dr Carrillo, so stressing having to call your child doctor and not able to get answers.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

As a former patient, I asked Dr. Carrillo for an appointment to go over my records. Dr Carrillo scheduled the appointment but called me to cancel the appointment just hours before our appointment. After Dr. Carrillo cancelled our appointment she said she would call me on a specific date to reschedule the appointment. She failed to call me and subsequently didn't return any of my calls requesting a future appointment. I feel Dr. Carrillo's lack of professionalism has been detrimental to my mental health. I have felt stressed by Dr. Carrillo's lack of communication.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Dr. Anna C. Carrillo's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Poway, CA