Ratings for Dr. James W. Ragland

I found Dr. Ragland was in rush. Hardly spent 8 minutes with me. Still wanted to ask some questions but he was right out of the door. and showing me my way to go out. He wanted to just explain about surgery to get huge money. When I asked her if I don't want to go for surgery then he was not interested at all and seems like in hurry. He doesn't care what I will be going through after this discussion. He didn't give me other choices to avoid surgery. he just need money and charges for those 8 minutes visit. He can discuss this on the phone and he never disclosed my results. I am not happy with his dealing and rudeness. He is a emotionless doctor. Who can only discuss his part not like to listen. I will recommend second opinion to everybody before going for a big step. GOOD LUCK.....

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I found Dr. Ragland to be rude and condescending. He did not seem concerned with my health. He was with me a total of 8 minutes. Yes, I timed him. I have since been referred to a wonderful specialist who seems to care.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Some things he diagnosed immediately and helped correct. However, I still have symptoms that he is seems confused about. Doesn't really want to get to the bottom of it either. I am glad others think he has been helpful.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Dr. Ragland's staff is friendly and thorough. Dr. Ragland takes his time to ask the right questions and is concerned about his patients' comfort during exams. He explains what he is doing, his findings,and his recommendations in terms easily understood. I recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Dr. Ragland is the only doctor I've seen in regards to my thyroid issues who actually diagnosed the underlying causes (confirming my suspicions that it was Hashimoto's). After a total thyroidectomy, he guided me through cancer treatment. While now technically I have to transfer to the endocrinologist, I think I'd rather keep Ragland as my doctor - he's the only doctor I've seen who actually takes time to get me to understand what's going on, listens to my concerns and addresses them, and I actually feel like I can open up to him and that he cares about his patients. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

mis diagnosed melanoma as non cancerous lesion, year later diagnosed as Clarks Level 4. Did do a good job on one precancerous lesion with nice surgical repair. Question his knowledge on the serious stuff.Very nice and likeable.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

Dr. Ragland is incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. He shows concern for patients and speaks with a calmness that is reassuring. He also was a very good surgeon and I healed very well after the surgery. I highly recommend him for any ENT issues.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Dr. James W. Ragland's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)